Jump-Run Circuit
    GS Circuit
    Cool Down

Wednesday, 10/9
    Warm Up
    Dynamic Flex
    Martial Arts Style Kicking Practice

4×5 Bench-100 Lbs.
    4×8 RDL/Military Press Complex-100 Lbs./20 Lbs.
    3×8 Hip Thrust-95 Lbs.

Cool Down

Not much to say right now. I’m pretty much dead right now between school, training, homework, and band rehearsal. We’re getting towards our bigger competitions in band so our rehearsal schedule is pretty busy right now.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #120639

Thursday,10/10
    Warm Up
    Dynamic Flex
    Martial Arts Kick Practice
    Cool Down

Friday, 10/11(My “Sweet 16”
    Warm Up
    Dynamic Flex
    Martial Arts Kick Practice
    Tumbling

Sprint Drills
    5x40m

5×3 High Pull-80 Lbs.
    4×6 3/4 Squat-135 Lbs.
    4×6 Chinup/ Reverse Lunge Complex-85 Lbs.
    Cool Down

Just finishing up the last sets of todays workout as I post this. Pretty good last few days. I’ve gotten to a somewhat passable level for the martial arts kicks I’ve been practicing so I’ll probably start my first trick next week. Speed work felt bleh today.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #132733

So I obviously haven’t been able to update the past two weeks with the site being updated and all, but training quality has fallen off a bit lately. Bad weather finally hit in Illinois and now its pretty much cold and rainy every day, which has taken its toll on all of my speed workouts. When the weather has been somewhat acceptable, I’ve felt really fast and powerful, but that hasn’t been the case lately.

Today I tested 40 YD, but it was raining outside and the path I was running on was soaked, as well as cold. I would have wanted to move this test back a day, but tomorrow I have a 9-4 band rehearsal so I really don’t see the point in testing after that. I was also running up a slight hill for the first 15m. Anyway, I ran two 4.9x’s(stopwatch only got nearest tenth) today. I was really frustrated, but considering the weather and that neither were particularly good reps I’m not too mad. I skipped lifting and vertical tests because I felt like crap afterword.

Also, I’ve really dived into tricking the past few weeks. I’ve only learned a massive two tricks, but its been a really fun addition to my training to this point.

Glad to be back on the forums.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #149130

Sunday, 11/3
    Warm Up
    Hurdle Mobility-Static

2x15m W/ Sled(20 Lbs.)
    2xWicket Drill-(1.60m spacing)

6x40m on grass-hand timed around 5.10 from falling start

Multi Jumps-Tony

4×4 Hang Clean-95 Lbs.
    4×6 Squat(2/3 Depth)-145 Lbs.
    3×5 RDL-110 Lbs.

3xChest Throw, Straight Up Throw

Cool Down

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #158529

Monday, 11/4
    Bike WU
    Static Flex

2xGS Circuit
    1xMB Circuit

Cool Down

So today I wasn’t going to be able to do tempo because I didn’t have time to go home between math team and band. Essentially, I just did what I could in the school weight room.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #183810

Thursday, 11/14
    Warm Up
    Hurdle Mobility-Dynamic
    3x10m Starts from Pushup, 3 Pt., 4 Pt.

2x20m on grass
    2x40m
    2x60m

4xSkips F/Height and Distance

4×4 Hang Clean-95 Lbs.
    5×5 Squat-150 Lbs.
    3×5 RDL-115 Lbs.

3xMB Throws

Cool Down

So I’ve gotten really bad at updating this log. Really, the reason I haven’t been updating it much is because I’ve been focusing more on tricking than sprinting the past sixish weeks. I figured placing emphasis on something that isn’t sprinting would be more beneficial in the long run for me, and tricking also sounded really fun. I’ve been doing sprint/tempo work each 1x per week for this period.

Okay, so yesterday was once again very cold. I decided to time a 40 yard split on one of my 40m’s, and clocked a 4.80. This is pretty much the same time I ran in September, but yesterday it was 30 degrees colder, I was running into the wind, and the previous test was done during an unloading week so I figure I’ve improved quite a bit. I felt pretty fast relative to the conditions yesterday. The weather is starting to be a problem training wise because its barely ever is above 50 degrees anymore. Ugh.

I’m also going to update in a hourish again after todays tempo workout.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #183819

Friday, 11/15
    5′ Bike Ride

9×100-75%(2′)

5′ Bike Ride

2xGS Circuit-Leo(10x)

Static Flex

Now, I’m very well aware that the volume of the tempo is ridiculously low. I didn’t write it that way. However, for whatever reason I died terribly around rep six or seven of the tempo. By the last rep I was having a hard time running times at 75%. Really, I’m in terribly shape from a work capacity stand point and its something I really need to improve upon.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #185409

Okay so I haven’t updated this log this week. This is a unloading/testing week for me.

Monday was a lifting testing day and tricking.

Tuesday was tempo and GS

Today was off

Next week marks the start of our schools offseason speed and strength workouts. I’ll be attending a good portion of those starting then. Official track doesn’t start until late January or February.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #186642

Monday, 11/25
    8′ Warm Up Jog
    Sprint Drills
    Pushup Series
    3x40m

Wicket Drills
    Single Leg Hops-Volume=~100 Contacts
    5×4 High Pull-90 Lbs.
    4×6 Squat-160 Lbs.
    3×6 Bench-90 Lbs.
    2×8 RDL-100 Lbs.
    Cool Down

So today was the first day of winter workouts at our school. We ran 40 Yard dashes with fly 10’s at the end, and I felt less then stellar on my runs. My times were pretty dreadful and I was extremely annoyed with them, but looking back on what I had eaten I was ~600 calories underfed at that point so I’m sure that was the cause. Not a great day.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #194894

So I haven’t updated in quite a while. I took about a week off recently b/c I felt like I was overly-fatigued and my times were starting to drop off. This was probably because I was seriously sleep deprived and wasn’t eating enough. This week I’m starting training again, but I’m on my own for the next three weeks. Instead of being confined to my basement, I spent a decent amount of money on a 1 month YMCA membership. They have a 100 meter oval track with ~30-35 meter straights and really tight turns. I can’t wear spikes on it and there are consistently people who will just stop on the track or something, but its better than what I would have at home. This way, I can do full accelerations to top speed, which is something I really need to work on.

Today I did:

Warm Up
    2x6x100-75%(2′)
    General Strength Circuit I-(10 Reps Each, 15″ Rest)
    Dynamic Flex
    Cool Down

This took me about an hour. I’m in pretty terrible shape aerobically, so this was actually a pretty solid session for me. I think the key right now for me is just consistency, which is something I have lacked lately.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #195110

Thursday,12/19
    Warm Up
    Sprint Drills
    10x30m
    5×4 Contacts each leg Skips F/ Height
    4×7 Squat-160 Lbs.
    6xUHF
    4×7 Each leg Reverse Lunge-95 Lbs.
    4×7 Bench-110 Lbs.
    Dynamic Flex
    Cool Down

So today was a pretty solid training session. It was the first time I’ve sprinted far in over a week so I felt a bit flat. I self-timed the 30m’s in at 3.92 and 3.98, so I really don’t see how I could have run 4.9x over 40 yards on a track with spikes the past few weeks. I think it was most likely sleep related. Its a tad bit annoying to have to deal with the people who come across the track all the time. Weight room was solid today. All in all I’m super tired. Over the next three weeks I’m going to push the volume about 50m a week for my speed work. Also, I’m going to really push the weight room as well. I hope today is the start of a great next few weeks.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #195946

Friday, 12/20
    Warm Up
    2×300-70-(2-3′)
    4×200-70(2′)
    GS Circuit-Monster
    Mobility
    Cool Down

Saturday, 12/21
    Warm Up
    Sprint Drills
    10x30m
    5×5 Hurdle Hops
    4×7 Deadlift-140 Lbs.
    4×3 Box Jumps
    4×7 RDL-115 Lbs.
    4×7 Pullups
    Mobility
    Cool Down

Sunday, 12/22
    Warm Up
    3×200-75(2′)
    6×100-75(1′)
    GS Circuit-Core
    Mobility
    Foam Roll

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #196462

Tuesday, 12/24
    Warm Up
    Sprint Drills
    3x Power Speed Drills
    10x15m Starts
    6×5 Hurdle Hops
    5×6 Deadlift-150 Lbs.
    3×4 Box Jumps
    5×6 RDL-125 Lbs.
    Abs Series-8
    Dynamic Flex

So today the YMCA was closed for Christmas eve so I had to get creative to duplicate what I wanted to do on the track. My basement is about 17 meters long, so I can do short accels there. I didn’t want to do too much volume on that surface, so I pushed the volume elsewhere. Given the constraints of the workout, I’m happy with how it went.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #197011

Thursday, 12/26
    Warm Up
    5×300-70%-3′
    GS Circuit-Monster
    Hurdle Mobility
    Foam Roll

So I ended up not training yesterday. The past week my diet has been pretty dreadful with all the Christmas food and the like. I’d guess I’m probably about five pounds higher than normal right now, so I’m going to reduce caloric intake for the next week or two. Today tempo was extremely hard for me, but I pulled through. GS was very easy, I might ramp up the intensity next session for that. This weekend might be problematic training wise because I’ll be at my dads house where I don’t have a solid indoor facility. I’m not sure what I’ll end up doing.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #197664

Friday, 12/27
    Warm Up
    30m Strides
    Sprint Drills
    5x30m
    4x50m-Accel 15m, 10m TIGHT Turn, 25m Straight
    6×4 Skips F/H Each Leg
    5×6 Box Squat-170 Lbs.
    8xUHF
    4×6 Reverse Lunge-100 Lbs.
    4×6 Bench-115 Lbs.
    Dynamic Flex

So today I felt kind of flat in general, which was unfortunate. The entire second half of lifting I felt really unfocused. This weekend I’m considering doing two consecutive speed days on Sunday and Monday because pretty much all of the indoor facilities are going to be closed on New Years. Not sure.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 148 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.