Zack Trapp’s Sprint Training Log-Turning Over A New Leaf

Posted In: Training Journals

Participant
    davan on #119650

Join your school’s team ASAP.

If you want some help, come to HP one evening this week (I think you’re on spring break right now, no?) and let’s see what we can do.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #119651

I kind of do want to join my team…but its to late even if I decided that I wanted to.

What exactly does HP stand for?

Participant
    star61 on #119654

I kind of do want to join my team…but its to late even if I decided that I wanted to.

What exactly does HP stand for?

Zach,

Even if you don’t make the team, you need to get on the track with the team. Explain to the coach you have no expectations…you just want to train. As an underclassman I’m sure he will welcome you if your goal is simply to train and get better.

Secondly, you truly need to stop being such a defeatist. Your posts are full of doubt. Look for the positives in your workouts. Talk about the high points, not the low points. Positive attitude goes a long way in training.

Participant
    davan on #119655

Hyde Park

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #119656

Hyde Park

I might just do that….but only in the slim chance that my mom would take me. She and my dad are both really against me not doing track for my school…so it wouldn’t be likely.

As for my school’s team, I may just ask the coach if I could re-join. I made the team in February, then kind of quit (Actually, I just stopped going) when I blew up and started hating track. If I was to rejoin, I would likely only be able to run in dual and F/S meets.

Participant
    davan on #119657

So what? Dual and F/S should be more than enough competition. When you are dominating those, I’m sure your coach would be more than happy to move you up. Why does it even matter? Once again, you need training and an awful lot of it in a supportive environment. An attitude change, as Star mentioned, could help as well.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #119659

I think I might just ask the coach if I can join back up…I’m going to give myself the next day or so to decide what I want to do. I always pictured myself joining up at some point(ie. Next Year) but I might just ask if I can re-join.

As for today’s training, I did tempo and a circuit.

Participant
    Eric Faust on #119663

Zak you’re already a dedicated track athlete, a supporting team would surely take your skills and psyche to that elite level you’re looking for. Keep up the hard work andthat positive attitude, it will take you places.

As for the parents thing, lay it out that you really want to join an out-of school track thing and you want to follow your dreams. Best of luck!

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #119677

Took off a few days for vacation and just to give myself a bit of a break. I feel refreshed….ready to start training up on Monday. I’m reorganzing my training a little and feel refreshed about it.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #119686

Monday, 4/1/13

Warm Up Dynamic Movement Type Stuff, Mobility, Starts

Workout

4x15m

8x~20m Hills

3xJump Circuit-150 Contacts

3xMB Throws-Chest Throw, Straight Up

WR
    4×4 Hang Clean-75 Lbs
    3×8 Front Suqat-115 Lbs
    2×10 RDL-80 Lbs

Cool Down

Today was a pretty good session. I felt pretty fast on the hills, and I actually felt like I had some sort of power that I had been lacking the past few weeks. My motivation is pretty much back, I think part of the problem I had last week was that I wasn’t eating enough….kind of drained me.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #119695

Tuesday, 4/2/13

10′ Adlib WU

:30 On/Off Medball Circuit

:30 On/Off Plank Series

Hurdle Mobility Cool Down

Looking at it written out, that doens’t look like very much, but the overall volume wasn’t that low if I were to write out all the excercises and stuff. Anyway, I’ve dropped the frequency of tempo in the program in favor of more medball circuits and things of that nature after hearing Latif Thomas talk about how you can train alot more biomotor abilities in such sessions while getting almost all the benefits of tempo, and also reduce impact on joint. I also feel alot closer to speed-power during this; during tempo I feel like I’m getting slower while I do it. That’s not to say I’m getting rid of tempo, I’m just using it less often. Anyway today was a really good session.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #119722

Yesterday I did a few starts, some explosive skips and medball throws, and upperbody lifting.

Thursday, 4/4/13

Warm Up Bunch of drills, mobility, strides

Workout

Core Circuit

GE Circuit

Hurdle Mobility

Cool Down

So it was probably the first day nice enough to train outside comfortably in awhile, and let me say that it was great. Training outside is just so much better of a atmosphere than indoors. I intended to do a tempo based GE Circuit, meaning that I’d mix :30 tempo runs with drills, bodyweight excercises, and medball throws, but my computer died so I didn’t have a timer, which forced me to do it inside in which it became much more similiar to a GS Circuit. Other than that, I think today was a pretty good session.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #119753

I haven’t updated this entire weekend. Friday was acceleration up a short hill, weights, and all the other things that typically go with a speed workout, and then Saturday I did sort of a lighter day, which I did a bodyweight circuit and a bunch of mobility. Today I wanted to do a acceleration day, but I’m likely going to a do a mobility/GS type of day because I’m at my dads house and had to miss school because of some family stuff, so I don’t really have very good facilities to train.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #119768

Tuesday, 4/9/13

Warm Up Acceleration WU….skips type stuff then mobility then drills

Workout

4x10m Starts

10x15m Hills

3xJump Circuit

Medball Throws

WR
    4×4 Hang Clean-80
    3×10 Front Squat-120
    2×12 RDL-90

Cool Down

Felt pretty dang awesome today.

Participant
    Mccabe on #119772

You need more volume everywhere. What you are doing is putting icing on a non-existent cake.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 148 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.