6x55m
    6×5 Alt. Leg Bounds
    *Later*
    7×5 Deadlift-180 Lbs.
    3×5 Box Jumps
    6×5 RDL-150 Lbs.
    6×5 Incline-120 Lbs.
    Dynamic Flex

That’s the plan. 40’s will be timed again today, and I’m expecting a slower time than the previous ones because of the big general day yesterday, being at the back end of 3 weeks of training, and overall feeling like crap(4 hours of sleep). I’ll update later.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #202909

Report on today-Ran a no time on my first timed 40, 4.91 on the second, which is a terrible time for me. However, looking back on previous sessions my 2nd time is almost always .10-.15 slower than the first, so I’d be happy with a 4.75-4.80 type time at this point in the training cycle. We did ~10 plyo contacts in the warm up, so I dropped the volume there. I also moved RDL’s and incline to 5×7 just because I didn’t have the patience to do seven sets after that long dedicated to training. Due to waiting around in the halls for facilities and waiting for rides, I’m putting about five hours a day into training, even though I only actually train for 2-2 1/2 hours on speed days.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #202927

Unload week starts today. Rest day. Later I’ll likely foam roll and stretch.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #203024

Friday, 1/31
    Extended Warm Up
    1xGS Circuit I
    1xCore Circuit I
    Walking Mobility

Easy general day today. Only took ~45 minutes.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #203105

So I guess I’ve lost 10 lbs. I bet at least 5 of that has come from different scale, different time of day, and not being 1 day removed from a pig out, but its still concerning.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #203515

Monday, 2/3
    Warm Up
    Sprint Drills
    2x25m
    4×40 YD-4.83 twice, 4.87, 4.9x

Not a good day. This should have been my best day of the year. By all previous indicators, I was likely looking at something under 4.65. Didn’t happen. I was unloaded, had a “pre-meet” style day yesterday, but I just ended up laying a goose egg today. Really frustrating.

Second note is that my starts need serious work. I had though that I was actually starting pretty well, but my coach told me today that my starts are bad to the point that my first few steps are actually landing out in front of my hips. I’m going to need to work that out. Actually, I believe my top end speed splits were actually PR’s, but my first 30 meters has digressed over the past few weeks. I’m really frustrated right now. Ugh.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #203547

Alright, todays plan is.

Tuesday, 2/4
    Warm Up
    1xGeneral Strength Circuit
    “X-Factor Workout”

Relatively easy day to go along with the unloading week. I’m still pretty pissed off about yesterdays 40’s because I know I could have run at least 4.65 this week. I’m starting the next cycle of training either tomorrow or Friday depending on how I feel and what the schedule is for our speed/strength workouts.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #205515

Wednesday, 2/5
    Warm Up
    Sprint Drills
    5x10m Starts
    Squat Max Test-270
    Bench Max Test-165
    Dynamic Flex

Now, these lifting number aren’t true maxes. Since I lift alone, I don’t feel safe lifting too heavy. I likely could have added 10-15 lbs. on either of them.
    The starts felt much better than I was feeling on Monday.

Participant
    rogiertetteroo@gmail.com on #205516

You’re a strong guy. How do you choose your training method that you are currently using?

keep it goin’ im reading!

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #205518

You’re a strong guy. How do you choose your training method that you are currently using?
    <P></P>
    <P>keep it goin’ im reading!</P>

Thanks!

Training wise, I follow I pretty basic A/B set-up. Three days of speed, three days of tempo. Standard American model. Volume is moderately high, which has actually worked very well for me. Unload every fourth week. Its not periodized at all other than progress overall training volume from week to week. The main focus is just to improve general biomotor abilities, which will yield greater improvements for me in the long run than specific training. Really, its a very simple setup, but I really don’t need anything complex for the time being.

I’ve improved a lot, even over the past four weeks. My strength levels are up almost 10% in the past four weeks, with top speed up by 3.5% in the same time frame.

Participant
    rogiertetteroo@gmail.com on #205519

Yes being motivated is one of the keys for improving, but its also the other way around. I hope your improvements are motivating you to keep working hard.

Thanks for the explanation of your training regime. Do you have a fave famous sprinter?

Rogier

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #205520

I’ve improved a lot, but I still have a long way to go until I can be satisfied with my times. I don’t really have a favorite sprinter, but I do follow the elite level relatively closely.

Participant
    Zack Trapp on #207928

So I figured I’d update since I haven’t in a bit. Official track practices have started. For me, training has been going poorly over the past few weeks. I’ve been running practice times much slower than I should be at this point and just don’t feel explosive in general right now. Really flat. I have a few ideas as to why this might be happening, but its really frustrating right now.

Viewing 13 posts - 136 through 148 (of 148 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.