Who is the world’s fastest human?

Posted In: Polls

Participant
    cod on #19015

I also believe that MJ is the fastest human in the world. When I saw him in 1996 first hand, it was amazing how fast he is. TV really doesn't do sprinters justice.

Participant
    dave on #19016

Now that I know who Maurice Green is and his bio, I feel he is the fastest man in the world–who knows maybe the universe.:wow:

Participant
    cocca on #19017

Of all time I belive MJ is. Today I think the human with the fastest top speed is Shawn Crawford.

Participant
    krayzieondaline on #19018

well the fastest of all is mo greene for sure…
    😀

Participant
    Derrick Brito on #19019

mo is the goat

Participant
    onk on #19020

i say MJ, but if u look at Mo’s 100m, he ran sub10s very consistently..

Participant
    krayzieondaline on #19021

ya i think he did like 52 subtens
    and 32 of them are sub 9.95! oh my god!

Participant
    littlelefty on #19022

When I looked at this topic I was like, what?:no:

You can’t just ask who is the fastest human in the world, in my opinion it’s several people!

These athletes have posted the best consistent performances in there event over everyone; in the entire history of there event.

100m-Mo Green 8+ times under 9.87sec.
    200m-Michael Johnson 9 times under 19.85sec.
    400m-Michael Johnson 18 times under 43.92sec.
    800m-Wilson Kipketer 11 times under 1:42.60sec.
    1,500m-Hicham El Guerrouj 14 times under 3:28.84sec.

I could go on forever but the point is try to put this into perspective lets say Mo Green raced El Guerrouj in a 100m, 99% would agree Mo would win if he tried, and the same if El Guerrouj raced Mo in a 1,500m, 99% would also agree on the stronger competitor in that event El Guerrouj.

My point is you cannot classify a runner just on there (top)speed, but on there performance in that event. Hope this makes scene.

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #19023

[i]Originally posted by Littlelefty[/i]
    When I looked at this topic I was like, what?:no:

You can’t just ask who is the fastest human in the world, in my opinion it’s several people!

These athletes have posted the best consistent performances in there event over everyone; in the entire history of there event.

100m-Mo Green 8+ times under 9.87sec.
    200m-Michael Johnson 9 times under 19.85sec.
    400m-Michael Johnson 18 times under 43.92sec.
    800m-Wilson Kipketer 11 times under 1:42.60sec.
    1,500m-Hicham El Guerrouj 14 times under 3:28.84sec.

I could go on forever but the point is try to put this into perspective lets say Mo Green raced El Guerrouj in a 100m, 99% would agree Mo would win if he tried, and the same if El Guerrouj raced Mo in a 1,500m, 99% would also agree on the stronger competitor in that event El Guerrouj.

My point is you cannot classify a runner just on there (top)speed, but on there performance in that event. Hope this makes scene.

The error or perhaps difference in your line of thinking and that of this thread is that you are qualifying the statement. In short, the statement is “who is the world’s fastest human” PERIOD. Your statement would read “who is the world’s fastest human over XYZ meters.” We are talking about who can attain the highest speed possible without regard to how long they can sustain it.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    littlelefty on #19024

I gave my answer:bounce:

But If that’s not good enough then give it to a 50m or 100m runner WR Holder who attained the fastest speed EVER!!!

That was easy!:rolleyes:

Participant
    CoachKW on #19025

Powell might just be the fastest right now

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #19026

I agree, right now it’s probably either Powell or Crawford.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    flash on #19027

In nature there has been humans observed running much faster than any 100m runner. However they had a much greater motivation than the athletes (ie: being chased by pyroclastic clouds). Saddly the clouds are almost always moving faster than the people and they ended up dead.

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #19028

[i]Originally posted by Flash[/i]
    In nature there has been humans observed running much faster than any 100m runner. However they had a much greater motivation than the athletes (ie: being chased by pyroclastic clouds). Saddly the clouds are almost always moving faster than the people and they ended up dead.

Where did you get this? I don’t believe this for a second. While I think there are probably freaks out there who could run 10.2 or so without ever training, I don’t think for a second that an untrained individual without the benefit of spikes and a synthetic track could run 12 m/s no matter what the motivation.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    flash on #19029

I got it from a television program called the nature of things here in canada. The host is nobel prize winner David Suzuki. But now that I thought this over I do believe that they were running downhill, being in mountain terrain in all.

On a side note, is it so hard to believe that people can achieve supernatural strength with the proper motivation. There have been many examples of this with ordinary people, like mothers lifting up a car to save their trapped child. Some things happen that can’t be explained and I dont see how running would be any different.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.