Watch Asafa Powell in Rieti LIVE for Free

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #14833

WCSN is again broadcasting world class track and field live for free. This time you can check out the Grand Prix meet in Rieti, Italy. Asafa Powell will be the man to watch as this is the location of his amazing back-to-back 100m races last year that culminated in him taking home what was a WR at the time (9.74). He’s back in Rieti again for another stab at the world record. Following his Olympic

Continue reading…

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    J Kilgore on #72108

Even though Bolt won today, I’m still going to predict that Powell will reset the WR. I know this season isn’t over yet, but I can’t help but look ahead and think about potential matchups next year with Bolt, Powell, a healthy Gay, Thompson, Dix, etc…

Oh the potential!

Participant
    Chad Williams on #72133

I am doubtful he will set a new WR, his 18th race has proven to be his best and that has come and gone.

Participant
    mortac8 on #72134

I am doubtful he will set a new WR, his 18th race has proven to be his best and that has come and gone.

Please tell me you are joking. Every race Asafa runs well is claimed to be race 18. 4×1, gateshead, brussels… Give him +2.0 within the next week or so and the universe will implode on itself.

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #72135

I’m saying 60% chance he sets the WR. All he need is a little aiding wind.

If he gets it, I wonder if Usain will regret not running through the line.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    Josh Hurlebaus on #72138

[quote author="Chad Williams" date="1220761405"]I am doubtful he will set a new WR, his 18th race has proven to be his best and that has come and gone.

Please tell me you are joking. Every race Asafa runs well is claimed to be race 18. 4×1, gateshead, brussels… Give him +2.0 within the next week or so and the universe will implode on itself.[/quote]

I think you are confusing Powell running with the firing of the Large Hadron Collider. 🙂

Participant
    Chad Williams on #72147

I’m saying 60% chance he sets the WR. All he need is a little aiding wind.

If he gets it, I wonder if Usain will regret not running through the line.

The media would love that one.

Participant
    mortac8 on #72150

LIVE my ass(NBC owns WCSN now, right. ugh). Asafa just ran 9.77 in trials.

Monitor here. Finals are in 30min
    https://www.rietimeeting.com/info/results/index.html

Participant
    J Kilgore on #72152

9.82 into a -1.4 wind. Would have loved to see him get 2.0 and see what happened.

Participant
    mortac8 on #72154

9.82 into a -1.4 wind. Would have loved to see him get 2.0 and see what happened.

also known as +1.4

or am I insane? https://www.rietimeeting.com/info/results/re0010040.html

Participant
    mortac8 on #72155

[quote author="Chad Williams" date="1220761405"]I am doubtful he will set a new WR, his 18th race has proven to be his best and that has come and gone.

Please tell me you are joking. Every race Asafa runs well is claimed to be race 18. 4×1, gateshead, brussels… Give him +2.0 within the next week or so and the universe will implode on itself.[/quote]
    Argh. Looks like you were right 🙂 I heard Asafa false started in finals trying to run 0.00. I don’t think a WR/PR was possible today by the looks of it.

Participant
    J Kilgore on #72156

WOW…that was the final straw, I’m getting glasses.

Please ignore the previous post.

Participant
    Chad Williams on #72158

[quote author="mortac8" date="1220762238"][quote author="Chad Williams" date="1220761405"]I am doubtful he will set a new WR, his 18th race has proven to be his best and that has come and gone.

Argh. Looks like you were right 🙂 I heard Asafa false started in finals trying to run 0.00. I don’t think a WR/PR was possible today by the looks of it.[/quote]

Apparently the universe didn’t want to implode upon itself today 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.