Valery Borzov

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Vern Gambetta
    Participant
    Vern Gambetta on #12801

A few weeks ago Joe Pruzulta wrote the following in response to my post on “Visions of Eight.” Give me your thoughts on Borzov please. To me, he never did beat the best (i.e. Steve Williams, Harvey Glance, Houston McTear, Ivory Crockett et al). He was the Olympic Champion at the 100 and 200 meters. We will never know if would have happened if the whole American contingent had made it t

Continue reading…

Participant
    flow on #68004

Borzov is incredible.  i have a documentation with interviews and training footage from him and his trainer in comparision to linford christie and it is highly inspiring,  and pretty much unbelievably cool.  they calculated the perfect stridelength,  number of steps he should take etc.  and his trainer mentioned him being a unique athlete in being able to put into practice the things his coach wanted from him.  borsov gets all physical and phylosophical about the perfekt sprint,  its awesome.
    and on the other hand you have linford christie saying:  goddamit you just go out their and run as fast as you can,  and you better win that race or your mama will give you a good bashing,  haha.

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #63008

Where'd you get that Borzov info? I'd love to see that stuff.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    flow on #63009

its a documentation that ran on german television a few years ago.  i´ll look at it and see who produced it. 

Participant
    notruthless on #63010

No disrespect to Borzov and his achievements in Munich, but an obvious key element in planned performance training is having the correct qualifying schedule in-hand. :duh:  Being detail oriented was certainly a strong suit of the Soviet model and essential in Borzov's success in '72.  You gotta be at the starting line to be able to race!

Participant
    flow on #63011

well seemingly none of my videos work anymore.  they were recorded from tv in mpeg format and transfered to a mobile harddisk.  anyone know his way around with this kind of problem?

Participant
    mortac8 on #63012

well seemingly none of my videos work anymore.  they were recorded from tv in mpeg format and transfered to a mobile harddisk.  anyone know his way around with this kind of problem?

Can you send me one?  Try playing it with this https://www.videolan.org/

If the files still won't play, you may just not have the codec to play them anymore.  You can try downloading Nimo's Codec Pak to see if it will play after installing that https://nimo.titanesk.com/modules/freecontent/index.php?id=1

Participant
    flow on #63013

i installed all sorts of codecs etc.  and nothing worked until i stumbled over the K-Lite codec pack.  while installing it also removes broken or unnecessary older codecs which could have come into conflict with the new ones.  the mpegs play better than ever before now,  and ill be able to see all that good stuff again : P
    anything specific you guys want me too look out for on borsov?

Participant
    flow on #63014

btw  "Von der Mühe, die Zeit zu schlagen" from Friedrich Bohnenkamp is a movie for the broadcasters "arte"  and "swr" from 2001.  i couldnt find anything about an english version.  i´ll look at it later this week and post whatever i find interessting here.

thanks mortac,  really heped me out ; )

Participant
    kdee on #63015

Brozov was not the first to medal twice in the 100m at olympic level. Lennox Miller (Jamaica) did so  in 1968 and 1972.

Participant
    cccp21 on #111268

Hello

Did not Borzov squat 200k? He may not have looked like a lifter but he was one at least in the squat.
    Brandon Green

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.