The only acceptable answer to the question

Posted In: Blog Discussion

Participant
    coachformerlyknownas on #14309

Next time someone starts in with that tired old: You da Man or No, No, No, You da ManDebates the toughness of Ultimate Fighting over NFL Football, etc…Or rants on with any other insistence of their status as the baddest dude on the planet….Run this by them and see if their stones shrivel to raisins…https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_KittengerPleasant dreams tonight…CFKA

Continue reading…

Participant
    Chad Williams on #68247

I just watched that jump the other night. He did it from space(almost) at 102,800 feet. It was some guiness book of records show, but that guy was pretty insane. He went that high in a helium balloon with a basket.
    He da Man! haha.

Participant
    coachformerlyknownas on #68250

Keep reading the Bio. After his “jumping” the man was a fighter pilot in Vietnam and got shot down, spending a year as a guest of the VC.

This guy is one serious dude!

Participant
    burkhalter on #68251

BALLS OF STEEL does not even begin to describe him and really any of those first space guys. Those pioneer type explorers dating back to the over the water guys were insane.

Participant
    Gator9192 on #68253

I believe it is very important to keep athletics in perspective. I cringe when I hear football coaches screeming, “We’re going to war this week!” Our athletes need to hear us stress concentration, physical fitness, and doing our best, but we (especially me) have no idea what an actual war situation is like. We had a former track & field athlete on our team die in combat in Iraq! Our athletes now hear about how their competitions are important, but not as important as the men and women who sacrifice time and their lives so that we can go to a sporting event. Thank you again for sharing this article of this brave man! God bless all men and women who put themselves out there for the sake of exploration and freedom.

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #68254

I believe it is very important to keep athletics in perspective. I cringe when I hear football coaches screeming, “We’re going to war this week!” Our athletes need to hear us stress concentration, physical fitness, and doing our best, but we (especially me) have no idea what an actual war situation is like. [b]We had a former track & field athlete on our team die in combat in Iraq![/b] Our athletes now hear about how their competitions are important, but not as important as the men and women who sacrifice time and their lives so that we can go to a sporting event. Thank you again for sharing this article of this brave man! God bless all men and women who put themselves out there for the sake of exploration and freedom.

Great post and very true. It annoys me to when I hear that kind of thing spoken by and to individuals who have no idea.

ELITETRACK Founder

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.