The Last ELITETRACK Announcement

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #15535

Due to the increased time constraints of being a father, husband, and pursuing my company full-time, I am sad to announce that I’m going to be closing ELITETRACK in the coming days. The decision has been difficult and I’ve spent a long time coming to this point but I am sure that this is what I must do. Although site traffic has picked up substantially over the past year, I no longer have the ti

Continue reading…

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    utfootball4 on #80227

Thank you for all the help you have provided!!

Participant
    jacko on #80230

This better be an april fools joke mike…

Participant
    Jay Turner on #80231

This better be an april fools joke mike…

I agree.

But if elitetrack is indeed coming to an end, this is a sad day for me. This is truly my favorite track and field site on the net. Nowhere I can think of gives you as much info and insight as this site. I wish there was something I could do.

Participant
    JeremyRichmond on #80232

[quote author="jacko" date="1238587808"]This better be an april fools joke mike…

I agree.

But if elitetrack is indeed coming to an end, this is a sad day for me. This is truly my favorite track and field site on the net. Nowhere I can think of gives you as much info and insight as this site. I wish there was something I could do.[/quote]

Well for the first time I realise we are in the Great Depression. Somewhat buffered from it here in Australia, now I’m depressed by this news.

Never one to harp on the negatives but always one to find a positive…
    this forum has allowed me to grow as a sports scientist, I’ve learned a lot from all the contributors, I’ve gained a wealth of knowledge.

I used to scorn at people that chatted endlessly on websites but when I found this site, I converted to the 21st century.

But if I must harp on the negatives…
    I’m truly sad not only because I feel that I will lose the learning from the sharing of information with some very wise people but I’m sad because I feel that I am losing friends.

Participant
    dan1990 on #80233

its april fool joke its not closing down…

Participant
    JeremyRichmond on #80235

its april fool joke its not closing down…

Well if it is an April fool’s joke that’s not very fair.
    I’m almost a full day ahead of you guys. It’s nearly April 2.

Participant
    David on #80238

This is a sad day.
    A sad, terrible day.
    God! What a sad day.

Here we have learned much.
    Under the guidance of Mike Young.
    Much more there is to learn like such.
    Only not here with you gang.
    Rest in peace ELITETRACK!

Participant
    Dave Kerin Fan on #80241

Tell your mother I said hello

Participant
    davan on #80244

Terrible try.

Participant
    getit on #80245

I give him credit for the lengthy write up. Funny how letsrun.com did the same thing.

Participant
    star61 on #80247

I’m not falling for this two years in a row…

Nick Newman
    Participant
    Nick Newman on #80248

Haha good one Mike! Almost had me until i saw the Humor tag on the article…

I was like man! Just when i’m about over take UT as the most popular thread ever he pulls the plug! Lol.

Life without ET 🙁 a sad one!

Participant
    RussZHC on #80250

I hope all of you that have been “here” longer than I are reading this blog accurately (and that it is actually an April Fools joke), since frankly it brought tears to my eyes…

I have been on a fixed income (disability) for over a decade now and I just found out the apartment I am in is going “condo”, I can not afford anything else on the market and because of all that, I may in fact have to give up coaching.
    How should I put this?, living at “no fixed address” does not lend itself to stability, let alone to coach, which sorry to say, as a volunteer, is, in fact, an extra, regardless how much I love it.

Participant
    Jay Turner on #80252

What? This is an April Fools Joke!?!?

Mike, you’re a jackass! Haha, but I love ya anyway buddy. You seriously don’t know how sad I was. You can’t be playing with my emotions like that!

But seriously, nice way to keep up a little bit of humor. We all need that sometimes.

Having said that, I think we all owe you one for this one, LOL.

Jackass…

Haha.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.