The Cold-Hard Reality

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Carl Valle
    Participant
    Carl Valle on #16392

Every year about this time (for those new to snow) or earlier (for those use to dealing with the cold), the northeast weather throws a big monkey wrench to “great on paper” programs. I have been in the lovely Tampa area for 6+ years and spent most of my life in Massachusetts and understand why Robert Frost sounds depressing. Snow on the ground changes everything but not as much as one has to bel

Continue reading…

Participant
    mortac8 on #92501

Indeed. Battling winter is bad. Years ago I took a 23′ long jumper to 21’x” by implementing the LSU program in an area with no indoor track and an outdoor snowy wonderland. Later did a similar thing with myself running accels outside when my feet were partially numb.

Periodization can be the undulating weather forecast model. 15m accels in some hallway are your friend…so is treadmill tempo.

Participant
    Jay Turner on #92507

” date=”1260872662″]15m accels in some hallway are your friend…so is treadmill tempo.

15m accels on the hard floor with only trainers on? Is that what you’re saying? And if so, do you really think that can work? I’m not disagreeing with you, I’m just getting someone else’s perspective.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.