Stryka Snabbhet Manual- Ralph Mann Connections

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Carl Valle
    Participant
    Carl Valle on #17670

Jan Melen’s manual is available on Amazon and it was interesting to see the photographs and illustration comparison between that resource and Ralph Mann’s book. Foot strike is gaining a lot of discussion because of the many coaches understand the importance of a clean foot contact. Yet, emphasis on the Windlass Mechanism with sprinting is overrated, as the data confirms the contributions are alm

Continue reading…

Participant
    dryessis@doctoryessis.com on #109147

I was intrigued with your comments. Will you please explain what is meant in your comments that the”…free leg during the swing phase needs to have a great hip snap and range of motion in the rectus or the foot strike will compromise swing mechanics”. It has me confused. Thanks

Participant
    oshikake@ymail.com on #109149

Yet, emphasis on the Windlass Mechanism with sprinting is overrated, as the data confirms the contributions are almost nil.

Then start finding ways to develop & strengthen the plantar fascia (spring) & hit it up with the Windlass Mechanism. Then we can go forward. Without correct windlass function, the arch of the foot collapses and fails to act as an efficient lever, thus limiting the push-off power.

You only get out what you put in.

Your not putting anything in (plantar fascia).

Carl Valle
    Participant
    Carl Valle on #109150

At high speeds the general arch and hips are loaded and transferred before toe-off. Plantar fascia is nice but general lower leg stiffness trumps it.

Carl Valle
    Participant
    Carl Valle on #109151

I was intrigued with your comments. Will you please explain what is meant in your comments that the”…free leg during the swing phase needs to have a great hip snap and range of motion in the rectus or the foot strike will compromise swing mechanics”. It has me confused. Thanks

Instead of being limited to words…..video is likely to be the real solution. I will share more.

Participant
    oshikake@ymail.com on #109152

At high speeds the general arch and hips are loaded and transferred before toe-off. Plantar fascia is nice but general lower leg stiffness trumps it.

“It went through rapid elongation before and immediately after mid-stance, reaching a maximum of 9% to 12% elongation between mid-stance and toe-off. During this phase the plantar fascia behaves like a spring, which may assist in conserving energy”.

I’m thinking both general lower leg stiffness with a greater loaded spring Carl?.

Why not have the best of both worlds?.

Carl Valle
    Participant
    Carl Valle on #109154

Can you cite the entire source please (full bib not paraphrase) as not everything is doctrine.

Participant
    oshikake@ymail.com on #109155

Can you cite the entire source please (full bib not paraphrase) as not everything is doctrine.

Plantar fascia: Wikipedia.

Original Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_fascia

Participant
    Rune Brix on #109157

Carl your speaking of data in regard to windlass mechanics. Can you post this?

Participant
    oshikake@ymail.com on #109160

Any comeback Carl on message [#5]?.

Carl Valle
    Participant
    Carl Valle on #109163

Don’t worry I am just setting up the slow motion video with annotations! Rune will be in Sweden so no worries!

Participant
    Rune Brix on #109164

Page 29-30 from your book. Runner with:

Take off (b+c):
    external rotation/abduction hip joint
    Talocural joint in varus
    Picture

landing (picture I+a):
    external rotation of hip joint

swing leg backside mechanics (H)
    external rotation/abduction hip joint

Chicken or EGG? Things evolve together but the foot has some very annoying adaptions to mechanics that are hard to change. Lots of joint, lots of weak ligaments. And personally i am not having any luck with isolatede strength work, but i have seen some cool changes from motor learning, manual terapi and running shoes. The runnings shoes actually mobilising a forefoot varus.

Participant
    oshikake@ymail.com on #109171

I think in terms of push-off power, the feet could hold great potential.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.