Strength Training for Throwers Outside the Weight Room

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #15187

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. To help fight off post-Christmas depression, here’s my last Pfaff lecture snippet from the USATF National Podium Project. (at least until I get back from visiting my family in NY that is). As with the other lectures, you’ll find that although this one was given to throwers much of the talk actually remains the same and is generalizable to a wide range of ev

Continue reading…

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    mortac8 on #75805

Dylan Armstrong didn’t squat or bench in the olympic year? really?

Participant
    Kebba Tolbert on #75806

There’s actually a *very good* interview with him here where he talks about his training. He says his wt room work in terms of absolute strength development was very minimal.

https://athleticscoaching.ca/?pid=2&nid=175

Participant
    mortac8 on #75807

I have listened to all of that. I was under the impression that he at least still benched as indicated by earlier interviews talking about how Bondarchuk barely even sets foot in the weight room but was still aware of Dylan’s excellent “bounce bench” numbers during training.

Participant
    Rich Tolman(mr-glove) on #75831

Not sure if it’s on the interview but, if we brought him into a weightroom, warmed him up properly and then just did singles, how high might he get?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.