strength that results in more speed

Participant
        rrheyn on #13488

The dream of so many  :wink1:
        For the first time in my life i explore weighttraining and went a little bit on the right way i hope. In my half Sq's i started from 50% bodyweight to 160%.
        But i am doing them slowly, just to be save in the beginning and just a few to start. Some people suggest to do them faster,…But i read an article that the time an elitesprinter hit the ground is 0,087 seconds ! So i am still far away from this speed :dance:
        How do you see that, how i can cope with this problem and execute faster exercises ?

• Mike Young
        Keymaster
        Mike Young on #67576

Just deadlift as heavy as possible.

On a more serious note, I think you need to look at strength training as a general activity that has the following benefits:
        *Increased durability / reduced likelihood of injuries
        *A tool for addressing strength deficiencies / imbalances
        *A means of reducing motor unit inhibition which can in turn take off nervous system speed 'governors'
        *An excellent means of increasing training load and intensity in an easily regulated manner (something which can't always be said for other methods)
        *The easiest method (IMO) for controlling peak performance

Looking for direct correlations between weight room gains and speed gains can be maddening. The only place I've seen this is for acceleration (with the squat and the clean).

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
        rrheyn on #67577

Thank you very much Mike.
        Robert

Participant
        senri on #67578

i was always wondered how you would use weights for control peaking?

Participant
        rrheyn on #67579

just a mindgame, don't take it too serious 😉

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.