Sprint Drills

Posted In: The Classics

Participant
    400stud on #21343

He doesn't…he waddles.

But, he's still got world class speed, so who cares? MJ didn't have "prototypical" technique and the man owns 2 world records. It's not ALWAYS about technique.

Participant
    2belite on #21344

I wont say that Colby Miller has perfect form, but I dont think he is any worse than most sprinters out there. Dont forget form follows function. Every athlete has a different package and must learn to use it in a way that serves them best. If Ben had tried to run like Carl I doubt he would have ever beaten him. The same can be said for Tim trying to run like Murice.
    Colby has the same problem fat folks have, their inner thighs are so big they cant slide pass each other in a normal fashion. This cause the "waddle" as 400stud pointed out. If the lower body is "waddling" then the upper body(arms) must compensate.

Participant
    vanilla-ice on #21345

Again the experts are attempting to explain gross errors in technique with "fat defense" and the artistic license to do anything. MJ did things for his body type and of course the ran very fast. 400 stud claims that if you are world class then stop trying to improve…rest on your ass an play Xbox…why get better? Tracy McGrady….you are an all-star…don't practice anymore three pointers, your are the best in the league!

Again Colby is ideal..he has maximized his technique based on his body type. I will now sell the tapes to champ online in hopes to destroy the seagraves tapes!

Participant
    400stud on #21346

I never ever said that if you are world class that you should rest on your butt.

In fact, here's my quote:

It's not ALWAYS about technique.

That is what I said. You also have to take into account that once a person becomes more trained and has been running for so long, it becomes increasingly difficult to alter form.

MJ probably ran the way he did all his life. But, it worked for him because he made the changes he needed to to make up for any technical flaws. The same is true for Coby Miller.

Participant
    2belite on #21347

Ok Vanilla, you point out the gross errors in Colby's technique. Do you really think Colby would be able to run under 10sec if he was making gross mistakes.
    By the way, your Tracy Mcgrady analogy was quite stupid. Nobody is saying not to practice or work on your technique. I don't think Tracy is trying to pattern his game arter Shack. As Dan Pfaff says "style and mechanics are the essence of track".

Participant
    400stud on #21348

Thank you.

Participant
    vanilla-ice on #21349

Again 400 dud and 2belite are obviously angry based on their tone. Notice that most of the emotion was negative because my analogy was pure and the were called out. I am calm because I rely on facts. Dan Pfaff is a great coach so I not going to argue his quotes, but let us talk about we are talking about, not just putting a coaches quote up to justify lack of evidence. Colby Miller has broken 10.0 and is not able to improve performance since everything is perfect? 2belite speaks of idiosyncracies and other important aspects of training, yet his gross errors can not be argued on tape…post his best and worst runs and let the forum decide. Nothing against Colby, he is an elite sprinter and he an american athlete.

As for 400 dud the shaq to tracy analogy that 2belite was an error. His lack of understanding the comparison was tracy to tracy, not one body type to another body type. Learn it 400 dud so at least your SAT scores can improve.:dance:

go vanilla go!

Participant
    jjh999 on #21350

Man, you guys need to have a glass of milk and take a nap…

Chill…

:rolleyes:

Participant
    vanilla-ice on #21351

Vanilla Milk?

Participant
    2belite on #21352

I don't know why anyone would think I'm angry, or I need a glass of vanilla milk:saint: I am not upset, I simply felt Vanilla's analogy was stupid and chose to voice it.
    Colby not improving may have nothing to do with his technique. Ato Boldon has been stuck at 9.86 for years. Don't forget guys like Denis Mitchell and Mike Marsh, Jon Drumond who were considered technicians were stuck for the larger part of their careers after breaking 10sec.
    If you read my first post on Colby you woul see I made it clear I don't think his technique is perfect, I just don't think it is any worse than most sprinters.

Participant
    jjh999 on #21353

Lost in all the witty repartee:

It's COBY Miller , not Colby.

Carry on…
    😛

Participant
    vanilla-ice on #21354

Again 2belite is lost with very little points and much verbage proving nothing. Stuck at 9.86 with olympic medals is far different then breaking 10, that my friend is another STUPID example.

More vagueness…."most sprinters". Instead of asking mike to learn how to post video to defend his arguement he hides the fact that Coby has errors that must be improved for him to make the leap to medalist.

Participant
    Todd Lane on #21355

Vanilla-

me thinks you have made very good point. a generalization- me have found that huge improvements made in young freshman college athletes to their sophomore year in technical components of running are achieved through strength gains. me hate to paraphrase another coach, but have read and heard shaver mention that muna's improved abilities in her technique this past year be because of improved strenghtening. this resulted in some improved times.

me have question-
    to get this discussion moving forward
    in your opinion and this be a big guess, but take one, what is young coby deficient in, that would cause such imperfection? what approach would ice take to address these issues.

mc hammer says that you 2 legit 2 quit, but watch out, because, here comes the hammer.

Participant
    2belite on #21356

[i]Originally posted by Vanilla Ice[/i]
    Again 2belite is lost with very little points and much verbage proving nothing. Stuck at 9.86 with olympic medals is far different then breaking 10, that my friend is another STUPID example.

Since Ato is a stupid example, let me try and give you one you can more relate to. Ok, I got one….. how about Kenny Brokenburr, is it gross errors in his technique that has him stuck at 10.08? Explain to me Vanilla( C.V.)

Participant
    400stud on #21357

Look at Tim Montgomery. He runs tippy-toe style with no knee lift or heel drive and though he has the world record, he has yet to run <10.0 this year. How's that for an example?

Can you say fluke?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.