Spearmon to Join MVP?

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #14880

After losing Tyson Gay as a training partner and a disappointing move away from long-time coach Lance Brauman to be coached by his dad, it looks like Wallace Spearmon might be joining Asafa Powell with the MVP track club. While it seems to be waaay early to assume this will happen…I think it would be good for all involved. It would give Asafa a training partner who could push him on speed endur

Continue reading…

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    Patrick Pyle on #72758

I agree with the points you make here. It will be interesting to see Wally get back to a “elite” group. With Wally and Usain being good friends, why didnt he hook up with that side? And to be honest, I am surprised that we havent seen any US sprinters move down that way to train until now (if it does happen).

It was pretty evident that his split with Brauman did not benefit him in his performances on the track. I think this is a great move for him as he is moving into the peak years of his career.

Participant
    Chris Sole on #72760

Veronica Campbell-Brown is with MVP right? Anyway good for Spearmon I think it’s a smart move, if it happens.

Participant
    lamont_dagen on #72761

If I’m not mistaking Campbell-Brown is still with Brauman. I think she moved to Florida to train with him and Tyson Gay not MVP in Jamaica. I think it would be a great move for Wallace, but would that also mean his soon to be wife 400m runner Monica Hargrove will be making the move with him if he goes?

Participant
    BLogaN on #72763

Spearmon’s a smart man if he does go through with it; Caribbean food alone will give him an immediate performance boost. My wife’s a Trini and every time she cooks rotis my 60 time goes down by .10s. 🙂

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #72774

HAHA. I cooked Jerk chicken, calaloo and fried plantains for dinner tonight. Maybe I can join their training group.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    qpoke on #72787

Calaloo huh, put couple land crab legs in there, then you cookin. My personal fav is Pelau with pigeon peas naturally and chicken(bone in of course)

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #72831

Calaloo huh, put couple land crab legs in there, then you cookin. My personal fav is Pelau with pigeon peas naturally and chicken(bone in of course)

Hey man…don’t get carried away. I’m living in SE Ohio. Try finding plantains and calaloo in South East Ohio. Peau? Pigeon Peas? Forget it!

ELITETRACK Founder

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.