Soda Anyone?

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #13267

Soda, Coke, Pop, Soda-pop. Regardless of what you call it we all know what it is and more than likely you've enjoyed it at some point in your life. Personally, I drink the occasional diet coke (Coke Zero to be exact) but mostly I drink coffee, green tea, white tea, juice, and water. I just read the following article today and thought others would find interesting. Note that it is written by a

Continue reading…

ELITETRACK Founder

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #67969

How much of this do you believe? There's no doubt water is king but I'm when I see someone selling one thing and making alarmist claims about a competitor's product I'm leary. The bottled water industry has lost a lot of credibility in my eyes due to recent findings on bottle contamination and use of tap water sold at 1000% markups.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    coachformerlyknownas on #65946

What are the thoughts on thirst quenchers, such as Powerade, Gatorade, SoBe, etc.?

Participant
    winnesota on #65947

I know that powerade/gatorade has at least if not more acid in it as pop…

Participant
    mortac8 on #65948

i wonder what they think of wackos that drink vinegar (apple cider vinegar) like me….  what ISN'T bad for you?  is my $3 pint of Fiji artesian water also tap water 🙂

Participant
    winnesota on #65949

haha probably but that stuff does seem to taste the best…maybe its the colorful background  :wink1:

but seriously, you drink vinegar??

Participant
    davan on #65950

I drank vinegar today… after I ate my 2nd entire domino's pizza in less than 24 hours. Hopefully some damage control or at least let me think it is.

Participant
    lylemcd on #65951

hippie alternative horseshit, the whole blog entry

the problem with soda and bones is because kids drink soda instead of milk, the rest of it is horseshit too

try getting your information from science, not alternative quacks

Participant
    amtalkov on #65952

What are the benefits of drinking vinegar other than mental toughness :)? Could someone point me in the direction of some info? Thanks.

Participant
    mortac8 on #65953

it's an alternative medicine thing.  just type apple cider vinegar into google and try to come to your own conclusions.  please note that for consumption, there is a big difference between vinegar & apple cider vinegar.  There is also a big difference between generic supermarket vinegars and organic unpasteurized vinegars.  Here's the stuff I use that is MUCH easier to drink than something like Heinz brand https://www.edenfoods.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=103480

try this for people's testimonials https://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvinegar.html
    i don't know why they would lie.  it's not like someone is making money off of vinegar which is dirt cheap.

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #65954

the problem with soda and bones is because kids drink soda instead of milk, the rest of it is horseshit too

try getting your information from science, not alternative quacks

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's quackery as much as using partial truths for marketing hype. What they've done is not tell the entire story (there is an association with soda and bone density / calcium leeching) but it's because of secondary issues and is not causal in nature.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    winnesota on #65955

it's an alternative medicine thing.  just type apple cider vinegar into google and try to come to your own conclusions.  please note that for consumption, there is a big difference between vinegar & apple cider vinegar.  There is also a big difference between generic supermarket vinegars and organic unpasteurized vinegars.  Here's the stuff I use that is MUCH easier to drink than something like Heinz brand https://www.edenfoods.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=103480

try this for people's testimonials https://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvinegar.html
    i don't know why they would lie.  it's not like someone is making money off of vinegar which is dirt cheap.

So what do you take it for??

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #65956

i wonder what they think of wackos that drink vinegar (apple cider vinegar) like me….  what ISN'T bad for you?  is my $3 pint of Fiji artesian water also tap water 🙂

I think Fiji is legit.

The best water I've had is Fine from Japan.

ELITETRACK Founder

rice773 on #65957

mineral water anyone?

Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.