Single leg movements

Posted In: Polls

Participant
        utfootball4 on #16972

Any thoughts?

Participant
        Josh Hurlebaus on #101128

Step ups I think are more dangerous than squats when it comes to heavy weight. Lose your balance and you are done for.

However reverse lunges end up putting a decent amount of strain on the rear knee if done wrong. I’m still partial to rev lunges.

Participant
        Eric Broadbent on #101129

I think I’d choose forward lunges just because they might be the easiest to perform correctly and safely. Hard to pick…what did you pick UT?

Participant
        utfootball4 on #101130

I think I’d choose forward lunges just because they might be the easiest to perform correctly and safely. Hard to pick…what did you pick UT?

Barbell Stepups.

Participant
        cdnsprinter on #101131

Josh Hurlebaus – 17 August 2010 10:44 PM
        Step ups I think are more dangerous than squats when it comes to heavy weight. Lose your balance and you are done for.

You can use a power rack and avoid any potential dangers if you set everything correctly IMO

Participant
        Maximum-Octane on #101148

split squat ftw 🙂 the advance versions though. I was going to go for step up but I hate it so damn much because its so hard!!

Participant
        ct on #101156

split squats with the back leg elevated work the most muscles and the hardest. Do 3×8 with heavy dumbells and your legs are done. I hate step ups as well just because there not safe and just dont work muscles hard when i do them. Plus you dont get much work in all the leg muscles unless you have a high enough step since you cant go through a full range of motion. But that’s just my opinion so whatever works works

Participant
        G-Riv10.57 on #101222

My Personal Preference is to Reverse Lunges w/ dumbbells

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.