Shoes for weightlifting

Participant
    David Woods on #117374

I’m going to chime in and mention that I JUST got a pair of Reebok crossfit shoes. I’ve only used them once so far and for squats but they at least FELT better on my feet lifting and doing jump squats than normal running shoes did.

Nick Newman
    Participant
    Nick Newman on #117384

Post a video from the side of you doing DEEP squat with bare feet and i’ll tell you what’s wrong with it…

The way you squat (from the other video) isn’t very good. Show me a deep squat.

Participant
    Adistarhj on #117386

I would never change back to lifting in running shoes after using proper weightlifting shoes. Especially since I have pretty long legs it’s very hard for me to get in the right position without them.
    Snatching and cleaning is also better in the right shoes.

I use the IronWork from Adidas. But I’m pretty sure you won’t have to pay 120$ to get good lifting sheos though.

Btw, would not recommend them for plyos. Unless it’s standing vertical jumps. The rebounding movements simply won’t be that efficient with elevated heels.. in my opionion.

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #117393

I’ve never known anyone that has tried Olympic weightlifting shoes and still prefers to lift in runners or minimalist shoes for Olympic lifts (and to a lesser extent high bar squats). They can be purchased now for <$100, will last several years, save a lot of wear and tear on your runners, and help make your lifts safer and more efficient.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    GiveYourBest on #117441

Post a video from the side of you doing DEEP squat with bare feet and i’ll tell you what’s wrong with it…

The way you squat (from the other video) isn’t very good. Show me a deep squat.

I’m guessing you are talking to me:D
    I’m training alone next two weeks so there’s nobody to tape me but after that I’ll make sure to tape a video. But I’m afraid I can’t go deeper (even without weights). Except depth, is there anything else wrong with my squating?

By the way, can you recommend me some online shop in UK to buy (do-win) weightlifting shoes? I have found https://www.pullum-sports.co.uk and https://www.sugarrays.co.uk do you know them?

Nick Newman
    Participant
    Nick Newman on #117443

I am British but not really anymore! ha, I don’t know any shops in the UK really…

On weightlifting shoes though,

Does anyone know which shoe has the biggest heel and what is the best way increase a heel size?

Participant
    Matt Norquist on #117446

I think the Rogue Do-Wins or Nike Romaleo’s both have big lifts.

https://www.roguefitness.com/gear-apparel/shoes.php

I use the Adidas Powerlift trainer, pretty comfy and a little more flexible. I would think you could safely increase heel height by putting a heel cup in the shoe.

Participant
    David Woods on #118245

I started using the Reebok OLY Lifter shoes a couple months back and love them. So much better and more stable for squats, deadlifts, even standing upper body movements.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.