Selected training clips from Athletic Lab (9.3.11)

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #17375

Another video in this continuing series following my Olympic development training group (HPC Elite). There’s some photos and videos in this one. This session took place on September 3, 2011. This particular day was a test day in which we tested the 150m, Standing Long Jump, Standing Triple Jump and power clean max. We used the FreeLap timing system to time the 150m and take a split at 50m so we

Continue reading…

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    Jay Turner on #113138

Mike,

When you were testing for Standing TJ, did you regulate what leg they started with, or does it matter?

Participant
    Eric Broadbent on #113146

Mike sometimes takes awhile to get back to people and he is out of town…so just in case this gets buried and no reply…he doesn’t really regulate it with us. I always thought it would be better to go two footed then right left for STJ because my regular TJ was that way and also because I am right foot dominate but I am starting to rethink it. Another guy on our team will switch it up halfway through if he is not having success with one foot and will occasionally jump farther when he switches. I wonder what other people do for this or does it not really matter much?

Participant
    Jay Turner on #113168

Mike sometimes takes awhile to get back to people and he is out of town…so just in case this gets buried and no reply…he doesn’t really regulate it with us. I always thought it would be better to go two footed then right left for STJ because my regular TJ was that way and also because I am right foot dominate but I am starting to rethink it. Another guy on our team will switch it up halfway through if he is not having success with one foot and will occasionally jump farther when he switches. I wonder what other people do for this or does it not really matter much?

Personally, I don’t think it matters. I was just asking. Usually when I do my testing, I let the athletes do whatever comes naturally.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.