Selected training clips from Athletic Lab (10.12.11)

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #17955

Here’s another short glimpse in to a day’s training with my Olympic development group (HPC Elite) that trains at my sport performance training center in Cary, NC. This video was shot on October 12, 2011. This was a high intensity day that we were able to do completely at my training center. This was the start of our last cycle emphasizing acceleration development. The session took place on a Fri

Continue reading…

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    utfootball4 on #112134

How fast are the first two athletes sprinting?

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #112143

The first guy is a 13.5 hurdler (who’s ready for a big PR) and the second guy is 50 y.o. who was a 16’7″ pole vaulter 30 years ago who is 9 months in to a return to T&F as a decathlete. He will easily be one of, if not the best decathlete in his age group in the world. He has not run a hurdle race.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    the_chosen_one on #112144

The first guy is a 13.5 hurdler (who’s ready for a big PR) and the second guy is 50 y.o. who was a 16’7″ pole vaulter 30 years ago who is 9 months in to a return to T&F as a decathlete. He will easily be one of, if not the best decathlete in his age group in the world. He has not run a hurdle race.

I think your looking at the wrong video. No way the second sprinter in this video is 50.

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #112145

haha….I was looking at this one: https://youtu.be/Cw_-Wxmq8ew

The 2 guys at the start of that video have both run under 10.3. The 2nd one has a PR of 10.20 and recently broke the facility record for 30m with a 3.81 electronic timed.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    Anthony Wallace on #112181

Boone Brothers, I watched them run in high school and college. DA TRUTH!

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #112243

Boone Brothers, I watched them run in high school and college. DA TRUTH!

That’s them. Richard just retired from track shortly after this was filmed. He’s joined the Navy. He was doing really well and I hated to see him retire but you can’t fault a man for joining the service.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    Anthony Wallace on #112300

Yeah Richard was a tough athlete, but i do understand that completely. He is a dude as well. I actually ready to see Dennis take off in the 100m.

Participant
    Anthony Wallace on #112301

funny dude*

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #112303

Dennis is doing great. He didn’t run at all last year, came in completely out of shape (only 5th fastest 30m on our first test period) and now he’s flying. Making some big mechanical changes that might take a while to fully realize their potential but I think he’s going to fly. His recent 3.81 is a great time and shows he’s ready for a fast 100m.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    Anthony Wallace on #112304

Good to hear, our team University of Mary Washington will be at Liberty on 12/2-3 I may get to see some of your athletes compete there. I know Eric is really good friends with our other assisant Charlie. They went to West Chester together.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.