Rotation is Bad?

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Vern Gambetta
    Participant
    Vern Gambetta on #15138

I just found out yesterday that we should stop doing rotational medicine ball movements because they are bad for your back. Now that I have recovered from the initial shock I am trying to figure out what I am going to do to train the athletes I work with, the programs I consult with and how do I explain to the thousands of athlete’s that I have coached over the years that everything we were

Continue reading…

Participant
    lsfii2 on #75227

So what does this mean for athletes who have been training rotational core strength with medicine balls for the past couple years? From what I understood, rotational core strength can be trained through cable machines. This is better than with med balls?

Anyway interesting read… really makes you question your strength program

Participant
    tkaberna on #75231

I think he was saying that rotational exercises are a good thing. Don’t listen to the next guru if you know something works.

Participant
    Daniel Andrews on #75233

I believe the Guru’s are coming from the misguided interpretation of Stuart McGill’s works.

Participant
    Beau Brehm on #75254

So what does this mean for athletes who have been training rotational core strength with medicine balls for the past couple years? From what I understood, rotational core strength can be trained through cable machines. This is better than with med balls?

Please tell me this is sarcasm?

Participant
    lsfii2 on #75275

[quote author="lsfii2" date="1229386948"]So what does this mean for athletes who have been training rotational core strength with medicine balls for the past couple years? From what I understood, rotational core strength can be trained through cable machines. This is better than with med balls?

Please tell me this is sarcasm?[/quote]

haha sorry i read it quick, got worried, posted, then checked now, wow i look like an idiot, haha lets just say its sarcasm

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.