ROFTL with the RFESS

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Carl Valle
    Participant
    Carl Valle on #16266

Is the “Boylegarian” leg exercise the new front squat? We are back full circle with spinal loading with a split squat but that is another argument. Now I have nothing against Mike Boyle advocating single leg biased exercises but the math is not adding up. The RFESS (rear foot elevated split squat) is not a single leg exercise but more like a 1.5 leg exercise. I would bet that none of his freshma

Continue reading…

Participant
    JackW on #90645

Well said Carl. I love Mikes stuff but getting rid of the squat variations is way too absolutist.

Nick Newman
    Participant
    Nick Newman on #90649

Why does he keep saying the single leg squat weight should be doubled for the conventional squat? This isn’t right at all. Obviously his guys can’t do double the single leg weight with 2 legs. Bad example there.

And the squat isn’t a lower body exercise? I suggest his guys aren’t doing it correctly then.

Participant
    sjm136 on #90715

Just like to point out the ridiculous claim of 52 people going sub 4 the year after Bannister did is complete crap. I don’t have the numbers in front of me, but it was only a handful.

Participant
    trck400mrnnr on #91014

Alright, so I’m sure i saw the same video you all did with boyle explaining this. hes advocating a split squat…is it the fact there is less weight on the spine because its not possible to lift as much weight as a typical back or front squat? is this what is saving the low back?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.