Reflections on my time at USMA

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #14955

3 years ago today, I started coaching at West Point. My wife and I made the move from Baton Rouge to the Northeast because she wanted to move closer to her family and West Point seemed like the best option that fit that bill at the time. When I accepted the job, I had no idea what I was in for (good and bad). Having just recently resigned at West Point 3 months ago, I can now look back and reflec

Continue reading…

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    Gator9192 on #73256

I had the great honor of coaching a high school athlete in track & field and football who attended the Air Force Acadamy and played successfully as a defensive back for their football team. In talking with him the enormous amount of duties other than football were unbelievable. I wouldn’t have made it.

Thank you for the great post! Can’t wait to hear more!

Participant
    Matt Gardner on #72737

This past summer I briefly worked with a football player that just completed his first year at a service academy. His strength and power numbers had taken a serious hit since high school. Even in his “time off” he was often commuting 300 miles on weekends or during the week for various obligations. He was a great young man to work with, but the challanges of training at a service academy are definitely many.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.