Program design – 100m – Hip cartilage injury

Posted In: Sprints

Participant
    track1993 on #226211

Hi all

I’m new to this forum and this is my first post. I’m not a native speaker so this post might not be correct in the grammar.

I’ve been living for quite a few years with FAI (femeroacetabular impingement) and recently been operated arthroscopicly.

The problem is that this impingement has already damaged the cartilage quite a bit – the cartilage height is reduced from 6mm to 3mm.

The surgeon has warned me about doing elite sports but I still love track and field and would like to continue, but in a different way.

Before this I was running at least 4 times a week – in the future I will be able to run only 1 or 2 times per week.

I really need your guys advice on how to structure a program for a 200m sprinter (doing the 100m and 400m sometimes too) where the amount of running/sprinting will be limited to 1 or 2 times per week and other alternatives to running/sprinting (even though they might not be as good) are introduced to a greater extent.

I know I’m not going to be the next Usain Bolt, but I would like to be as good as possible with the natural limits my new hip condition imposes on me.

Thanks in advance

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.