Maximum Impact Multi-Phase Stimulant & Intensity Blend 340mg
    B-Phenylethylamine HCL 50mg *
    Methylsynephrine 20mg *
    B-Methylphenylethylamine Tartrate 20mg *
    Theobromine Anhydrous 50mg *
    Caffeine Anhydrous 200mg *

Participant
    Craig Pickering on #80942

With stimulants, do you stop taking them in training any length of time before competing? A couple of nutritionists have mentioned to me that its best to avoid caffeine for a week or so pre-competition, as your caffeine receptors get used to it. Because of that, I tend to come off caffeine in training 3-4 weeks before my first competition, so when I take it on race day, I really get a buzz out of it.

Participant
    utfootball4 on #80951

My athletes only use stimulants for comp..

Participant
    Craig Pickering on #80954

Ok. Obviously my confusion arouse when you mentioned caffeine in a pre-workout drink. I thought caffeine was a stimulant, and a workout wasnt a comp.

Participant
    utfootball4 on #80957

Ok. Obviously my confusion arouse when you mentioned caffeine in a pre-workout drink. I thought caffeine was a stimulant, and a workout wasnt a comp.

Is that better bud?

Participant
    Craig Pickering on #80958

Glad the confusion can now be avoided!

Participant
    utfootball4 on #80959

Glad the confusion can now be avoided!

Great, so lets get back on topic.. Anything you can contribute?

Participant
    Craig Pickering on #80960

Sounds like a great pre-comp stim drink. The only other thing I would have added was about not taking stims in training …. but I think we have been down that route.

Participant
    utfootball4 on #80961

Sounds like a great pre-comp stim drink. The only other thing I would have added was about not taking stims in training …. but I think we have been down that route.

Do you know much about the chemicals in this pre-comp drink?

Nick Newman
    Participant
    Nick Newman on #80963

Why not take stims during training?

UT i will get back to you on the chems later today. Looks great though just from a quick glance…

could add some GUARANA EXTRACT and lower the caffeine dose, B-12 is crazy dose as well…

Participant
    utfootball4 on #80964

Why not take stims during training?

UT i will get back to you on the chems later today. Looks great though just from a quick glance…

could add some GUARANA EXTRACT and lower the caffeine dose, B-12 is crazy dose as well…

Can be overkill on the CNS if done over a long time period.. I only recommend in rare cases, for example if the athlete has to train 6am in the mornings and even in these cases I prefer to avoid stims.

Participant
    Craig Pickering on #80966

[quote author="speedfreak1" date="1239305193"]Sounds like a great pre-comp stim drink. The only other thing I would have added was about not taking stims in training …. but I think we have been down that route.

Do you know much about the chemicals in this pre-comp drink?[/quote]

I do. The drink contains crystal salts of various neurotransmitters (i.e. Phenylethylamine) and vaso-dilators (Theobromine). Vasodilators are obviously good to increase muscle blood pump, to get nutrients to the muscle, and remove waste products post-race (in the case of sprints) or during race (in the case of endurance / team sports). You could use nitric oxide tablets for a similar effect. Neurotransmitters are obviously good as they could increase the intensity of the action potential across a synapse, possibly allowing a greater MU recruitment or neural drive.

Beta-Methylphenylethylamine is a stimulant, along with caffeine, which will prevent CNS by preventing the release of seratonin, and its derivative seratonin 5-HT from entering the brain, so tail end of the race (in the sprints) this should have a slight positive effect.

Im not sure if you were trying to show me up by assuming a lack of chemical knowledge or not, but if you werent, hope this helps. The only thing Im not sure of is the legality of those supplements, as obviously the NCAA may have different rules regarding illegal substances, and I dont know if you coach there or not.

Participant
    B Hobbs on #80972

A needle in the butt always worked for me….na just kidding.

How bout just working on your daily diet. Changing your intake only for meets can play havoc on the body by flooding it with foreign unfamiliar.

And.. The best supplement I have EVER Taken is Xtends by Scivation…loads of energy w/o the caffeine and you recover like a beast.

Only sup I ever suggest are protein and BCAAs.

Participant
    utfootball4 on #80976

[quote author="utfootball4" date="1239305992"][quote author="speedfreak1" date="1239305193"]Sounds like a great pre-comp stim drink. The only other thing I would have added was about not taking stims in training …. but I think we have been down that route.

Do you know much about the chemicals in this pre-comp drink?[/quote]

I do. The drink contains crystal salts of various neurotransmitters (i.e. Phenylethylamine) and vaso-dilators (Theobromine). Vasodilators are obviously good to increase muscle blood pump, to get nutrients to the muscle, and remove waste products post-race (in the case of sprints) or during race (in the case of endurance / team sports). You could use nitric oxide tablets for a similar effect. Neurotransmitters are obviously good as they could increase the intensity of the action potential across a synapse, possibly allowing a greater MU recruitment or neural drive.

Beta-Methylphenylethylamine is a stimulant, along with caffeine, which will prevent CNS by preventing the release of seratonin, and its derivative seratonin 5-HT from entering the brain, so tail end of the race (in the sprints) this should have a slight positive effect.

Im not sure if you were trying to show me up by assuming a lack of chemical knowledge or not, but if you werent, hope this helps. The only thing Im not sure of is the legality of those supplements, as obviously the NCAA may have different rules regarding illegal substances, and I dont know if you coach there or not.[/quote]

Thanks bro, nice feedback…

Participant
    trackspeedboy on #80986

what about muscle speed that was previously discussed, about to order some now.

Personally and honestly… im looking for the best legal performance enhancing thing there is…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.