Pfaff Training Plans

Posted In: Dan Pfaff

Participant
        underdog_19 on #15767

I was watching a video on FloTrack about Diana Pickler and Trey Hardee, and they were using what looks like a Dan Pfaff strength workout plan. A link was provided, but it doesn’t seem to work.

https://phs.turlock.k12.ca.us/teachers/tmoren/!PrideTrack/Technique/Dr.Track/Strength-SpecificPfaff.pdf

Anyone have any idea where I could find it?

Here is the link to the video too.

https://www.flotrack.org/videos/speaker/91-trey-hardee/178880-trey-hardee-diana-pickler-episode-17-multis-edition

Participant
        Matt Norquist on #83697

There were some other good vids of him in the weight room. He made heavy cleans look pretty easy…

• Mike Young
        Keymaster
        Mike Young on #83700

Hardee is trained by Sategna who was trained by Pfaff (to be an NCAA champion decathlete himself).

Also, I would imagine that Dan’s weight room guy at UT still uses much of Dan’s methods.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
        Kebba Tolbert on #83837

Actually, Dan’s “wt room guy” was Lance Hooten. He now has his own personal training/consulting business in Austin.

https://www.hootontraining.com/

Participant
        Thomas White on #83839

I’ve worked with Lance and he is top notch, very very good at what he does.

Participant
        tkaberna on #83842

Does Lance actually have the facility that his website says will start construction in 2005? I would love to see pictures of it because it sounds great.

Participant
        Kebba Tolbert on #83846

i’m not sure…we hung out at Tx Relays, but didn’t go to his facility.

• Carl Valle
        Participant
        Carl Valle on #90003

Who coached Donovan’s clean technique?

Participant
        dmartinez on #90006

Does Lance actually have the facility that his website says will start construction in 2005? I would love to see pictures of it because it sounds great.

No he doesn’t but he is still talking about it. He contracts out of Hyde Park gym and does track work nearby. Helluva nice guy. Have no idea how good of a coach he is.

Participant
        Matt Norquist on #90019

[quote author="tkaberna" date="1243159522"]Does Lance actually have the facility that his website says will start construction in 2005? I would love to see pictures of it because it sounds great.

No he doesn’t but he is still talking about it. He contracts out of Hyde Park gym and does track work nearby. Helluva nice guy. Have no idea how good of a coach he is.[/quote]

Who works out with him/there?

I’m still trying to find some decent training partners (who can adjust all their schedules around mine, LOL :)) in the Chicago area.

Participant
        dmartinez on #90025

Wrong Hyde Park. This one is in Austin but is equally unique.

Participant
        Thomas White on #90027

I worked with him for 3-4 days in April, as I’ve said before he worked as Dan’s strength guy at UT and that is reflected in his programming. We did our lifting at Hyde Park (can’t miss it, look for the gaudy flexed arm) and the running at Austin High and Texas State. He’s good at what he does and I’d recommend him to anyone in Central Texas/Hill Country.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.