NB Minimus training shoes

Participant
    slowman on #17830

For the past few years Ive done all of my training in Nike Free’s 5.0. They have since added some padding in the Run+ and I dont like to run in them.

Recently I came across the New Balance Minimus that looks like it would be a great subsitute. Does anyone have any feedback from these training shoes? Road, trail or trainer versions.

Participant
    quicksilver on #111326

I just bought the minimus cross trainers a month ago, love them. Use them for lifting,, playing with the kids, etc. I also have used the nike free 5.0s and like them. Like the 3.0s too. My wife bought the minimus trail runners and likes those as well.

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #111364

I have a couple clients who wear them to lift in but most don’t like to run in them. I believe they actually come with a warning not to do too much running or jumping in them.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    oshikake@ymail.com on #111382

Your just shooting yourselves in the foot (pardon the pun).

Look into ZEM footwear, Sockwa, Zinetic Pocket Slippers, Vibram Five Fingers, Soft Star Shoes, Deadlift slippers, Tai Chi/Kung Fu slippers, Gymnastic Shoes/pumps, Vaulting shoes, Gymnasium plimsolls etc.

Try lifting in barefeet or at least deadlift slippers, not only more comfortable IMO but more bang for your buck.

https://birthdayshoes.com/why-toe-shoes

The arch of the foot wants to flex (like a bow).

Participant
    comando-joe on #111386

Your just shooting yourselves in the foot (pardon the pun).

Look into ZEM footwear, Sockwa, Zinetic Pocket Slippers, Vibram Five Fingers, Soft Star Shoes, Deadlift slippers, Tai Chi/Kung Fu slippers, Gymnastic Shoes/pumps, Vaulting shoes, Gymnasium plimsolls etc.

Try lifting in barefeet or at least deadlift slippers, not only more comfortable IMO but more bang for your buck.

https://birthdayshoes.com/why-toe-shoes

[quote]The arch of the foot wants to flex (like a bow).

[/quote]

No, lift with lifting shoes.

JC don’t you realise people train their feet all the time. CF used tems machine for his athletes feet. Jumpers do all sorts like wobble board, different calf raises, towell crunches, dynaband exercises, stiffness jumps…..

I dont care for your opinion because for all anyone knows, your a crap athlete and hasn’t coached anyone.

Carl Valle
    Participant
    Carl Valle on #111390

For the past few years Ive done all of my training in Nike Free’s 5.0. They have since added some padding in the Run+ and I dont like to run in them.

Recently I came across the New Balance Minimus that looks like it would be a great subsitute. Does anyone have any feedback from these training shoes? Road, trail or trainer versions.

Because of an NDA I can’t go into detail but the NB shoe has a few design flaws that leave the MTJs in a compromised position and one should not use them as a training shoe. Also they are poor lifting shoes unless you are doing bodybuilding circuits or something not foot intensive.

CV

Participant
    oshikake@ymail.com on #111394

No, lift with lifting shoes.

For what it’s worth, from just watching the Andrew Bolton Training DVD. «The Phase That Launched 1000lbs, all his lifts/training is done in socks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.