Lena and Dwane

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Carl Valle
    Participant
    Carl Valle on #15450

Currently Lena competing in both olympic weightlifting and sprinting is getting a lot of attention in the boards and I wish to make a couple of points. I first met Lena Berntsson last summer at the Sundsvall (Sweden) and she is obviously a quality short sprinter. Is there a relationship? Yes. Is it a relationship with everyone? No. Remember that some random women doing yoga in a New York studio h

Continue reading…

Participant
    Rich Tolman(mr-glove) on #79223

The two things that stand out here are hard work and great genetics.

I think the KISS statement isn’t meant to imply that it’s easy because it’s not. I look at is as a reminder to not try to overthink things. The whole functional training craze that has come and gone certainly comes to mind. I think people dream stuff up to be different or to think outside the box. I’m perfectly happy staying in the shallow water.

Don’t know if I posted this one before, but I recall a sitting at a table with Tony Wells, Ron Garner ( U of Illinois ), and one or two others in early 1993. Tony asks Ron, “If you think hip displacement is the key to sprinting, what do you do to develop it?” Ron replied, “We just recruit the ones who do it.”

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #79231

Don’t know if I posted this one before, but I recall a sitting at a table with Tony Wells, Ron Garner ( U of Illinois ), and one or two others in early 1993. Tony asks Ron, “If you think hip displacement is the key to sprinting, what do you do to develop it?” Ron replied, “We just recruit the ones who do it.”

Great story. There are more than a handful of coaches who do it this way.

ELITETRACK Founder

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.