King Football

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Vern Gambetta
    Participant
    Vern Gambetta on #15683

Before I moved to the South (Yes Florida is the south) I was told there were three sports played there: 1) football 2) spring football 3) off season football. I didn’t believe it until I saw it with my own eyes. When I started helping coach track at my daughter’s high school I asked why the State Track Meet was the first week of May- the sincere and honest answer was so that

Continue reading…

Participant
    K Rackley on #82599

I know what you mean. My father’s from Florida and everybody plays football, goes to football games, and are constantly conditioning for it. Track is pretty much conditioning for football down there.

Participant
    cccp21 on #82612

hello,

Culture conquers all.Force in any sense to change what people do not want to change?
    When THE PEOPLE have had enough their priorities will change.
    Brandon

Participant
    Josh Hurlebaus on #82621

My problem with the youth sports culture, mainly in football around my area, is the gross disillusionment parents have about how good their kids are. If we could somehow remove the idea from parents that their kids will someday play in the NFL I think alot of this would die down. Unfortunately football marketing is better at grabbing hold of people than common sense.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.