Kerron Clement: The Past, Present and Future

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Nick Newman
    Participant
    Nick Newman on #15685

I wanted to make my first ELITETRACK blog a memorable one and it certainly was that for me. I interviewed someone who has become a good friend of mine, Kerron Clement. For those who don’t know much about Kerron, he is the current 400 hurdles World Champion and Silver medalist at the 2008 Olympic Games, he is also the indoor 400m world record holder. His personal records include 10.23 (100m),

Continue reading…

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #82650

Interesting how Kerron acknowledges he runs better with lots of speed work but has been with two coaches who don’t do as much speed work.

I’ll never forget watching Kerron his senior year at UF at the SEC meet and then again at nationals. He single handedly tore the heart out of our relay teams at LSU. He was the only guy I EVER saw run down Benny Brazell on the anchor of our 4×1 and he was killer on the 4×4. He was so raw in the 400H at the time but possessed so much speed that as long as he was within 5 meters of the leader coming off the last hurdle he would win. It was amazing to see.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    Aaron Springer on #82660

Awesome interview!

35.4 in the 300mh!? That is completely ridiculous!

Participant
    Kebba Tolbert on #82662

It would have been interesting to get his take on why he switched coaches *after* he won the World Championship?

Participant
    Daniel Andrews on #82664

It would have been interesting to get his take on why he switched coaches *after* he won the World Championship?

Sponsors possibly?

Participant
    dan1990 on #82675

Great Interview..enjoyed reading it thanks for putting it up…

Participant
    Daniel Andrews on #82676

BTW, great job Nick. It even has a link from track and field news

Nick Newman
    Participant
    Nick Newman on #82679

Thanks guys. I really enjoyed doing it. I’d really like to start a collection of them and hopefully each one will get better…

And I am not sure why, but Kerron did ask that we not speak about Florida and his training while at Florida.

Participant
    Kebba Tolbert on #82683

that’s like doing an interview with Reggie Jackson and him asking not to talk about his time with the A’s or Yankees where he had the overwhelming majority of his success.

Nick Newman
    Participant
    Nick Newman on #82684

Interesting how Kerron acknowledges he runs better with lots of speed work but has been with two coaches who don’t do as much speed work.

Yeah i can only imagine what he could run in the 200m if he was in a speed focussed program…Easy a consistant sub 20 guy i’d imagine.

Participant
    Kebba Tolbert on #82688

yeah. i’ve seen some of his training results from Gainesville… He is an amazing talent!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.