Thank you!=)

Participant
    saltojump5 on #19132

Two short questions…

1.What is circuit?

2. In  his tests it says that he did this: st, bf, su, pu, slj, osp
    but what is each of it??…

Thank you!=)

1. Click on the link in this thread to the article by his coach…it gives an example of how he went about his circuits. A circuit is a string of calisthentic-type exercises that you go through for general strength/conditioning/metabolic effects/etc. It can also be used to help in recovery, building work capacity, etc. With circuits, you usually do the exercises with body weight only or light weights. Also the reps tend to be higher, with less recovery between exercises. Often you'll see people do 2-3 sets of the exercises. I looked more closely, and it appears Jonathan went 4 times through with no recovery  :regan: and after endurance bounding at that  :regan: :regan:

2. st=stone (his bodyweight), bf=body fat %, su= sit-ups, pu=press-ups, slj=standing long jump, osp=overhead shot put   

Participant
    saltojump5 on #19133

Ok gentlemen, tomorrow this fool begins living the dream…I'm gonna replicate Edwards' training. Even though I'm 2 months behind, I figure I can still hit it big by the third week of August, the equivalent of a not-too-bad 60'6" effort that came June 25th for Edwards. Remember, this is the result of impulse/instinctual urge, not rationale thinking. I have no choice BUT to do this. Thank you for your votes of confidence…you won't be let down! He he!  :biggrin: 

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #19134

Ok gentlemen, tomorrow this fool begins living the dream…I'm gonna replicate Edwards' training. Even though I'm 2 months behind, I figure I can still hit it big by the third week of August, the equivalent of a not-too-bad 60'6" effort that came June 25th for Edwards. Remember, this is the result of impulse/instinctual urge, not rationale thinking. I have no choice BUT to do this. Thank you for your votes of confidence…you won't be let down! He he!  :biggrin: 

Make sure you let us know how it goes.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    saltojump5 on #19135

Sounds good. I'm logging it daily in my journal. So far so good…dealing with some broken articular cartilage in the knee (from indoors), but Edwards' training itself feels good and the CNS is sharp. Things get going on 3/19 in this thread:

https://elitetrack.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,94/topic,4304.275

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.