It’s All About Stress Reduction

Posted In: Blog Discussion

Participant
        Joe Spano on #15486

Often different athletes I work with bring up many of the following issues before a race or competition: Muscular tensionRaised heart rate and blood pressure Shallow breathingUpset StomachLonger than normal recovery timesAll of these issues affect performance by causing the athlete to be fatigued earlier and lose strength and energy. So my first question to them is always “are you stressed?” and

Continue reading…

• Mike Young
        Keymaster
        Mike Young on #79722

Do you recommend relaxation techniques for all athletes prior to competitions?

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
        Joe Spano on #79733

Absolutely, I believe in all sports some form of relaxation is important. Even with combat or high impact sports relaxation still has to come into play. While athletes may feel like they have to get psyched up before competition they should be aware of their stress levels.

With the understanding of how stress can build on itself it becomes critical to be aware of what type of relaxation is occurring. For any athlete the goal should be to find that optimal level between being pumped up and being calm and in control.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.