Instructions on How to Get Banned

Posted In: Announcements

• Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #15585

In the 7 years this site has been online, I think only 2 people have ever been banned. One of them was re-instated within a couple weeks.

Over the past couple days we’ve seen a great demonstration on what it takes to get banned by Robert_2009.

Let me start by saying I have absolutely NO problem with debate. I don’t even mind some arguing. I think it’s great for discussion and learning. Compared to many sites on the web, ET is a no BS zone of training and conditioning. This brings with it some heated commentary and often harsh critiques. This is fine and necessary.

What will not be tolerated is insulting members of the forum (especially established and respected ones), disrespecting the owner of the site (me), taking threads off-topic, and making bigoted remarks. I’m going to put all of Robert_2009’s posts in this thread just in case anyone else would like to know how you can get banned within your first week on ET. Enjoy.

ELITETRACK Founder

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #80914

Typical track arrogance, and it’s getting dull. [b]Call me a homophobe, I embrace it.[/b] It means nothing anyway, as it is a politically correct gobbletygook, and a knee jerk reaction to my post. I suppose I am “phobic” because I seem to see genders as having at least some sort of identity when it comes to how one presents themselves. I suppose next I’ll be told that men in mini-skirts is a great way to dress for a track meet, and that if i challenge that, then I am a chauvanist pig?
    ….
    [b]The fact that some of you can’t at least CONSIDER that a guy wearing basically a female bathing suit, being handed flowers, after just running the high hurdles in 13.08 seconds at some televised meet, doesn’t AT LEAST make this LOOK like a pussy sport, then I dont really know what else to say to you. It’s not that he’s truly a pussy, it’s that he’s playing one on TV. And all this to prove what? That track isn’t “homophobic?”[/b]

This is a topic about improvements for track. If you don’t agree that the image of the sport could matter, then by all means, put on your little panties and jog around.

I happen to think track is a great sport, and I hate to see it tarnished by athletes that look like clowns.

[quote author="00Scoots" date="1239173165"]The only problem we have is that you are trying to promote your opinion, that it looks ridiculous, as fact. Honestly nobody gives a crap what you think about what people wear. If it improves performance, people will wear it. Deal with it or stop watching.

Bitterness. Why? Is it hard to take a serious look at yourself? Ok, put on your leotard, or dress your athletes up in one, & prance around like that in public. Then wonder why more people don’t “appreciate” the sport. Have at it. Enjoy.
    [/quote]

[quote author="davan" date="1239173963"]How many have gone sub 10 in trunks? Ben Johnson and…? Not to say it really matters, but if you are trying to argue the percentage of sub 10s with trunks versus with speedsuits is even close, it would be ridiculous. What was Lewis wearing when he ran his fastest times? Not a speed suit or tights, right? Granted, I think they make little difference outside of feel, but your argument on those grounds is pathetic. It goes without saying that I have heard many people get ragged on for wearing short shorts versus wearing tights.

Your viewpoint is just ridiculous, uncommon, and likely rooted with some sort of harbored homophobia and/or gender misconceptions. First, among the track and field watching public, tights are much more popular than non-tights. America probably does not even make up 10% of the T&F watching audience and even less of the paid audience.

Your argument that it is hurting the sport is moot. I do not know of anybody in the United States who dislikes or disrespects track and field for the tights and I have heard many views quite the opposite of your’s, so again, moot.

Your point about the flowers and it being similar to Broadway and being unmanly is ridiculous. Besides your childish associations with flowers and lack of masculinity and Broadway with pansiness, you missed the part where the majority of the world does not have those associations.

okay angry boy, put on your tights, and run around with flowers in your hand. But the fact of the matter is, I’ve been given several arguments to dispute, and I’ve done so.I was GIVEN these points by OTHERS, and I addressed them. I pointed out that aerodynamics mean nothing because I’ve cited great performances without body suits — so, I shot that one down. I’ve pointed out that the weight difference is negligable — shot that one down. I have pointed out that the reasoning for these suits is more fashion than function. I have pointed out that accusations of homophobia are nothing but politically correct nonsense, yet, you try feebly to throw it at me as though it’s somehow an insult.

So far I haven’t see one rational argument for men wearing body suits. All i HAVE SEEN, is defensiveness, and fear in facing yourselves, and what this sport has become. Image means something people. If you want to be snobs and say “fuck you” to the vast majority of sports fans, then don’t go bitching that so many people are “unrefined” don’t “understand” your sport.

Listen to yourself. You’re actually ANGRY that someone tells you you look like a pansy wearing something that LOOKS pansy-like. Maybe it’s time to put away the fairy outfit, and lighten up.[/quote]

[b][/b][quote author="Nik Newman" date="1239174153"]I wouldn’t waste your interlect Dav…

This guy clearly isn’t using whatever interlect he may have…

Yes, “dav.”

Don’t waste your “interlect” haha

I think Nick is wearing his body suit on his head.[/quote]

[quote author="Nik Newman" date="1239175301"]Dude, did you understand what i wrote? clealy you did…spelling…who cares about spelling!!!!

just as you shouldn’t care about damn tights!

I think i should concern myself with someone who tried to condescend my “interlect” when said person spells the most important word in his post wrong.

I really don’t care about how you are as a speller, and I know what you meant, but the most hypocritical thing you can do is bash someone’s smarts while at the same time spelling the word “interlect” not once, but TWICE, in the same reply, and who does so while wearing friggin ‘ tights.[/quote]

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    B Hobbs on #80915

I loved his post about prancing with flowers after a race.

I wanted to ask him if he thought all soccer players were pedophiles for holding little kids hands while they walk onto the soccer field before the game.

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #80921

[b]I don’t need favors from people who wear gay outfits, and who brag about jumps that don’t count. This is the mentality I’m dealing with here. Not to mention your inferiority complex about the United States. You’ve more than once gotten dismissive of Americans and their views on gender, and sports, yet, you moved here, went to school here, and continue to stay here in this “horrible sexist, homophobic, and stupid” country, right? Add to that how you expect Americans to start rationalizing like Europeans do, when it should be the other way around. If you don’t like it here, then go back to Europe, jump your 7.8 legally this time foul boy, and then collect your bouquet and prance around the track for a victory lap in your spandex thong.[/b]

I just gave you a second opportunity to address motivation as a factor in affecting sprint movements. You passed it up AGAIN in order to continue the nonsense, and now you’ll likely complain some more if I counter YOUR attacks, which YOU initiated in this topic. Same thing happened in the thread where I discussed improvements for the sport, and did so in a general sense — as I didn’t draw first blood on anyone in particular in this group. but I fired back when attacks were flung in my direction. Same thing seems to be happening here.

[b]But youre like woman, so I’m just gonna let it go, because youre irrational. Continue your thread.[/b]

[quote author="Mike Young" date="1239263125"]I’m moderating a thread that was sidetracked by YOU!

Please let everyone know if it’s possible for you to bring anything of value to this community. If not please feel free to leave.

Actually, you’re continuing to side-track it. You got defensive and snotty. My post was completely relevant to the sport, and it was my take on improving mechanics by motivation. If you want to dismiss that as a factor, by all means, go ahead. As far as I could tell there really wasn’t a debate as to whether or not there are basic efficient movements needed in running, so much as what way to achieve that via coaching — in other words, the methods used. At least that’s what I noticed. I gave you my view on one way to achieve desired running movement. Now youre getting emotional about it? I mean, you read like youre yelling “GET OUT OF MY ROOM! LEAVE ME ALONE!”

I’m getting the impression that this place is filled with dismissive brats who throw tantrums when they don’t hear what they like… Get a hold of yourself Michael. It’s just a discussion.[/quote]

ELITETRACK Founder

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #80922

ok. got tired of wasting my time on this…you get the point.

All clear to resume being a respectful community.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    Gabe Sanders on #80930

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #80931

All it takes is one cute kitten picture to counterbalance Robert_2009 and restore balance to the ET forums.

I’m sure if Robert were still around he’d call you a panzie homo in tights and mock the spelling in your picture.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    Winning22 on #80933

I’m getting the impression that this place is filled with dismissive brats who throw tantrums when they don’t hear what they like… Get a hold of yourself Michael. It’s just a discussion.

I dont think we are dismissive brats we listened to what he had to say and we had the option to take it or leave it but then he started swearing and all that jazz.

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #80934

Exactly. Pushing something that is no more than an opinion as fact and mocking those who think otherwise.

You’re not gonna win many battles coming on a track forum and calling all athletes that wear spandex / speedsuits insults.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    Daniel Andrews on #80944

All I can say is “WOW!!!”. Heated is one thing, clearly trying to define something is another, but repeatedly going off topic while going on a rant, not clearly defining or adding to your not so well defined rant, and being dismissive at the same time is an art only those who intentionally want to have attention are endowed with. I must say even though I get off topic and rant occasionally, it takes a lot to offend me but this person’s only reply to me set me off and I didn’t think it was worthy of replying to. If we ignored him, he’ll either go away or you (Mike) would have to ban or moderate/censor him anyway to keep newer posters from engaging in his irrelevant garbage. I really don’t like flaming hams, I like my bacon greasy.

Participant
    JeremyRichmond on #80945

In the 7 years this site has been online, I think only 2 people have ever been banned. One of them was re-instated within a couple weeks.

Over the past couple days we’ve seen a great demonstration on what it takes to get banned by Robert_2009.

Let me start by saying I have absolutely NO problem with debate. I don’t even mind some arguing. I think it’s great for discussion and learning. Compared to many sites on the web, ET is a no BS zone of training and conditioning. This brings with it some heated commentary and often harsh critiques. This is fine and necessary.

What will not be tolerated is insulting members of the forum (especially established and respected ones), disrespecting the owner of the site (me), taking threads off-topic, and making bigoted remarks. I’m going to put all of Robert_2009’s posts in this thread just in case anyone else would like to know how you can get banned within your first week on ET. Enjoy.

It has been particularly disappointing to see the arguments referred to above especially in light of the fact that a number of our forum members are kids. It’s one thing for adults to have a private debate on any issue but in a medium such as the internet I think we all need to respect our audience and understand the wider consequences of our behaviour. Your decision to ban those that bring detriment to our forum of furthering the cause of athletics and sport, and influencing some our younger audience to be respectful adults, is fully supported.

Participant
    mr_2009 on #81006

Ok, let’s get to the bottom of it. I made one post in the “other”topics thread, where I gave my suggestions for changing the sport. I made NO direct attacks on anyone in particular here. Of course there were critical things in there, IT WAS A CASE FOR WHAT’S WRONG WITH THE SPORT. It’s a critique.

After I posted it, more than one member called me “stupid,” bashed ME personally, called me a “homophobe” and pretty much told me to get lost. Now this doesn’t bother me as much as the reaction of the same people AFTERWORDS. Afterwords I responded IN kind. I’s pretty simple, if you’re gonna bash me, I bash back. But let’s be clear, I didn’t INITIATE anything which targeted any certain member. Instead other members got personal FIRST.

I mean.. what do you expect a person to do when people try to talk junk? It tells me that that’s the way they want to interact, so, I gave them what THEY were looking for – a fight.

I guess I fight better. Maybe next time, before you get all upset, think again before just posting some snobbish condescending insults at someone, because they may just not take it sitting down.

As for Michael, my reply in the sprinting thread was COMPLETELY on topic, if you had taken the time to follow it. It wasn’t an attempt at a personal assasination. I maintain my point that getting athletes to run mechanically more efficient CAN come from stimuli that doesn’t come from science talk. And I’d be happy to discuss it if I don’t get thrown out of here again. It’s COMPLETELY on topic, but if youre close-minded about it, then there’s just no point in getting into it. But you dismissed the act of motivation as a stimulus for athletic performance which INCLUDES affecting, and bettering, technique.

Again, I stand by my theory. And I stand by the fact that it was relevant.

Participant
    Daniel Andrews on #81022

Ok, let’s get to the bottom of it. I made one post in the “other”topics thread, where I gave my suggestions for changing the sport. I made NO direct attacks on anyone in particular here. Of course there were critical things in there, IT WAS A CASE FOR WHAT’S WRONG WITH THE SPORT. It’s a critique.

After I posted it, more than one member called me “stupid,” bashed ME personally, called me a “homophobe” and pretty much told me to get lost. Now this doesn’t bother me as much as the reaction of the same people AFTERWORDS. Afterwords I responded IN kind. I’s pretty simple, if you’re gonna bash me, I bash back. But let’s be clear, I didn’t INITIATE anything which targeted any certain member. Instead other members got personal FIRST.

I mean.. what do you expect a person to do when people try to talk junk? It tells me that that’s the way they want to interact, so, I gave them what THEY were looking for – a fight.

I guess I fight better. Maybe next time, before you get all upset, think again before just posting some snobbish condescending insults at someone, because they may just not take it sitting down.

As for Michael, my reply in the sprinting thread was COMPLETELY on topic, if you had taken the time to follow it. It wasn’t an attempt at a personal assasination. I maintain my point that getting athletes to run mechanically more efficient CAN come from stimuli that doesn’t come from science talk. And I’d be happy to discuss it if I don’t get thrown out of here again. It’s COMPLETELY on topic, but if youre close-minded about it, then there’s just no point in getting into it. But you dismissed the act of motivation as a stimulus for athletic performance which INCLUDES affecting, and bettering, technique.

Again, I stand by my theory. And I stand by the fact that it was relevant.

Your theory involves science, not a physical science but a science that is both biological science and social science. Science is science no matter which way you cut it. Science seeks explains things from both observation and experimentation. Psychology may not be an empirical science like mathematics, but even physics and Newtonian Mechanics are not empirical in application and most of us on this board know this already.

If you want to call people who wear tight short homos and other irrelevant things then do it to their face tough guy. Sooner or later you’ll do it to someone like me who doesn’t care how pulverized, bloody, and frail your face and body come from the ensuing pounding you will receive because we just give a “Flying F” about morons like you.

If I was Mike, I would probably contact your ISP, then from your ISP publish your Name and Address for the World to know who are and where you live, by posting the legal cease and desist letter I would be sending you. I have posted that Mike posted in my opinion a simple and stupid parallel in another thread. However, I didn’t go on the offensive attacking the people like you did, I attacked the subject/topic in question which some took offense to, some people take offense to some of Carl’s posts, but more importantly these arguments are half way civil and evolve to greater and different topics within the same thread, but we don’t go into the debate trying to change the argument from the get go, its called making a new thread. Goodbye and good riddance.

Participant
    trackspeedboy on #81023

IP banned?

Participant
    mr_2009 on #81064

[quote author="theoutcast" date="1239342363"]If you want to call people who wear tight short homos and other irrelevant things then do it to their face tough guy. Sooner or later you’ll do it to someone like me who doesn’t care how pulverized, bloody, and frail your face and body come from the ensuing pounding you will receive because we just give a “Flying F” about morons like you.

[b]See, you are initiating an attack here. Look at my post above yours. No personal attacks. And by the way, you’re not doing it “to my face” hypocrite. None of us are doing it “to our faces.” We are already on computers, and we know this. Since when is there an expectation on the internet that someone has a choice to be “in someone’s face?” You’re making it sound like I opted out of telling things to your face. There’s no option. You’re also making physical threats over the net, get control of your emotions. Youre losing your mind[/b]

If I was Mike, I would probably contact your ISP, then from your ISP publish your Name and Address for the World to know who are and where you live, by posting the legal cease and desist letter I would be sending you. I have posted that Mike posted in my opinion a simple and stupid parallel in another thread. However, I didn’t go on the offensive attacking the people like you did,

[b]I didn’t go on the attack. I RETURNED FIRE. I was attacked first. You people obviously think you can make wisecracks about someone and it has to end RIGHT THERE. Doesn’t work that way. Until you admit that my original post did not attack anyone, but rather, critiqued the image of the sport in an over-all sense, you are just …..LYING.[/b]

I attacked the subject/topic in question which some took offense to,

[b]Some people did that after my original post. Others didn’t. The ones that didn’t got wise, and I responded in kind to those who asked for it. You might have forgotten about another post I made in the “myth” topic about strength training. Same thing happened. People came in and got insulting to me PERSONALLY, but that time I let it go. [/b]

some people take offense to some of Carl’s posts, but more importantly these arguments are half way civil and evolve to greater and different topics within the same thread, but we don’t go into the debate trying to change the argument from the get go, its called making a new thread. Goodbye and good riddance.

Well, someone made a new thread, and discussion continued. But notice, I continue to be accused of taking things off topic, and disrupting the board, yet the administrator himself who complained about this has made TWO whole new threads DEDICATED to it –INCLUDING THIS THREAD. Now if that’s not dwelling on something that’s so “off topic” then what is?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.