Happy New Year – Looking Back to Move Ahead

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Vern Gambetta
    Participant
    Vern Gambetta on #13685

I would like to wish you all a happy and healthy new year. I just finished a ninety minute bike ride to start the New Year off on a good foot. During that ride I was thinking about this blog and continuing to reflect on the past two years. Those two years have been have been years of change, renewal, reinvention and discovery. In 2005 when I quit my job working with the Nike Oregon project, I had

Continue reading…

Participant
    cbova on #61528

This is right on.  Twenty three years to share.  I think that all young coaches should re-read this post a few times per year.  It seems as though todays young coaches feel they have all the answers and solutions now.  Take notice young coaches, it takes years and many experiences to be good more less great.  Appreciate those who are willing to share and be thankful for the talent you encounter if you have success early in your career. 

Participant
    Daniel Andrews on #61529

This is right on.  Twenty three years to share.  I think that all young coaches should re-read this post a few times per year.  It seems as though todays young coaches feel they have all the answers and solutions now.  Take notice young coaches, it takes years and many experiences to be good more less great.  Appreciate those who are willing to share and be thankful for the talent you encounter if you have success early in your career. 

Actually, I beg to differ on this.  It's not a slam on young coaches, it's a warning to them and calls for a change in the older coaches.  That's the point of the blog, don't specialize, learn as much as you can and NEVER STOP, don't take research and science too far, etc…

1. Be Knowledgeable
    2. Be Passionate
    3. Be Practical
    4. Be Adaptive
    5. Communicate Effectively

Adds up to not being intellectually lazy. 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.