Getting back in to training

Participant
        hazbeen on #12098

I'm slowly geeting back into training, and just getting over a planter facaitis injury that lasted from January-mid July, while training for the masters outdoor nationals. Now i'm training for indoor masters comp.
        Any advice for getting back into the groove, i'm 36 years old.
        What i'm doing currently is: Basic bench, military press, core (all hip flexors, lower back, spine), leg presses, leg curls, leg extensions, ankle and calf exercises. I'm doing all this to prepare myself for olympic type lifts. Am I starting to early to prepare for indoor season? When should I typically start my olympic lifts and plyo work?

Participant
        utfootball4 on #55873

I'm slowly geeting back into training, and just getting over a planter facaitis injury that lasted from January-mid July, while training for the masters outdoor nationals. Now i'm training for indoor masters comp.
        Any advice for getting back into the groove, i'm 36 years old.
        What i'm doing currently is: Basic bench, military press, core (all hip flexors, lower back, spine), leg presses, leg curls, leg extensions, ankle and calf exercises. I'm doing all this to prepare myself for olympic type lifts. Am I starting to early to prepare for indoor season? When should I typically start my olympic lifts and plyo work?

ur topic really dont fit this thread. change ur whole program, u dont need to get prepare for ol – just do them.  once u start ur gpp u can start jumping onto objects for example jump onto a high box, slj etc. if i was you i would probably just focus on the weights now and start ur gpp in sept.

mon:
        power clean
        back squats
        bench press
        rdl
        pullups

tue: bb cirucits

wed;
        hang clean
        lunges
        db incline
        rev hypers
        chinups

fri;
        power snatch
        front squat
        bench press
        glut hams
        db rows

sat; bb circuits

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.