July 8, 2008

British Preparatory Circuit

Power clean – 8×135
    Back squat – 10×155
    Power snatch – 8×99
    Front squat – 10×115
    Crunches – 25
    Sternum chins – 6-8

Got thru the workout and I remembered how difficult it was from my past experiences. I didn’t time how quickly I got thru the circuit. Just going off my rest, I was under 4 minutes. I was pretty tired, but I just remembered to stay as technically sound as I could.

Watching the trials really made me want to run again. In particular Shawn Crawford’s 200m Semi. They were talking about the training he was doing with Bob Kersee. Early in the year he was doing 500’s and 600’s, which is what I have done in the past when I had my best results. I had already planned on going to back to workouts I had done when I was competing at my best. But just hearing that validated it even more from my point of view.

Weight 160 lbs

Participant
    utfootball4 on #70823

Yeh i heard crawford was during alot of 450 and 600’s do you think those runs hurt his 100m time?

Participant
    Danny Tutskey on #70827

I don’t think so. The 100m was just fast this year. He would have had to run a PB to make the Olympic Team. I think he’s going to play a really important part in the 4×1 with Tyson’s strain.

Participant
    utfootball4 on #70828

I don’t think so. The 100m was just fast this year. He would have had to run a PB to make the Olympic Team. I think he’s going to play a really important part in the 4×1 with Tyson’s strain.

No way he will make the 4×1 team. What do you think about allyson felix, i think all the longer runs hurt her acc and power output.

Participant
    Danny Tutskey on #70830

I think he has a chance. I think Allyson isn’t a 100m runner, she’s a 2/4. Those are her best events.

Participant
    Winning22 on #70831

Crawford, is a hell of a runner and not to mention he probably weights close to 185 hes huge.

Participant
    mortac8 on #70832

No way he will make the 4×1 team. What do you think about allyson felix, i think all the longer runs hurt her acc and power output.

No way?
    So Allyson PR’d again this year and longer runs are hurting her? Just like they hurt FloJo et al?

Participant
    Danny Tutskey on #70833

She’s going to be good at whatever she does. She’d be a hell of a quarter-miler. She has better 200m speed than Sanya, so if she has the strength, I think she’d be right there in the 4. I think the stronger you are on the track (not weight room strength) the more your speed is enhanced.

Participant
    premium on #70834

what do you mean stronger on the track

Participant
    utfootball4 on #70839

[quote author="utfootball4" date="1215619904"]

No way?
    So Allyson PR’d again this year and longer runs are hurting her? Just like they hurt FloJo et al?[/quote]

look at muna lee she said all the longer runs (600’s etc) hurt her short speed.

Participant
    Danny Tutskey on #70840

what do you mean stronger on the track

It’s hard to explain, but I can give you an example or at least try to.

Two workouts….. Which would make you feel that you were stonger on the track?

3x200m @ 23 with full recovery

or

5x200m @ 25 with 3 minutes rest in trainers.

Generally a stronger sprinter on the track will not decelerate as much after 50m. That’s because of their strength and ability to maintain higher speed. One of my favorite workouts that made me feel like I was going to run fast in a meet was when I ran 3x200m @ 23.5, 23.0, 22.5 with 5 minutes rest in trainers. I never trained in spikes unless I were in blocks.

Participant
    Danny Tutskey on #70841

[quote author="mortac8" date="1215633110"][quote author="utfootball4" date="1215619904"]

No way?
    So Allyson PR’d again this year and longer runs are hurting her? Just like they hurt FloJo et al?[/quote]

look at muna lee she said all the longer runs (600’s etc) hurt her short speed.[/quote]

I believe it’s all relative and just shows that there is no right way to train someone. So many different things can work for so many different people. What works me, may not work for you. Quik, who used to post on here, would do a short to long program, after college (last season) he tried a long to short program like what i have done. He pr’d and ran really well. I just think that everyone needs to have an open mind to different areas of training. Eventually, you figure what kind of training will give you the best results.

Participant
    utfootball4 on #70842

[quote author="utfootball4" date="1215662327"][quote author="mortac8" date="1215633110"][quote author="utfootball4" date="1215619904"]

No way?

look at muna lee she said all the longer runs (600’s etc) hurt her short speed.[/quote]

I believe it’s all relative and just shows that there is no right way to train someone. So many different things can work for so many different people. What works me, may not work for you. Quik, who used to post on here, would do a short to long program, after college (last season) he tried a long to short program like what i have done. He pr’d and ran really well. I just think that everyone needs to have an open mind to different areas of training. Eventually, you figure what kind of training will give you the best results.[/quote]

i agree the tempo program worked great for quik the first year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,124 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.