Dallas Robinson

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #14397

I rarely come on ET asking for money. I want to keep the site as free as possible. In fact, the only time I can remember doing it before was for a Red Cross Hurricane Katrina Disaster Relief fund. At the time, I was living in Baton Rouge and I saw first hand the destruction and displacement that Katrina and the subsequent flooding caused. Thanks to a handful of ET members close to a thousand dolla

Continue reading…

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    hscoach on #68767

I am in.

richard-703 on #68768

done and done.

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #68769

Thanks guys. I know Dallas appreciates it.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    Josh Hurlebaus on #68770

If I wasn’t a poor college kid I would donate. Dallas is basically pure inpiration for me and I hope to get near his level. With how old he is, the amount of time off he had from training, and from how big he is, the things that he is doing on a track just make me go :bug: and forces me to work harder.

Participant
    johnstrang on #68778

Are you training him just for the 100m or the 200 as well? Either way he is off to a great start. Good luck

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #68779

Primarily the 100m however he may run a couple 200m for training purposes. His top end speed is really excellent and his acceleration is adequate but at least for right now he’s too heavy to run with the best of the best in the 200m.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    wisconman on #69170

Whats the news on Dallas lately?

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #69171

Things are going well. He’s opening season at UTEP in 9 days where he’ll run the 100m and probably the 200m. We’re working through some minor nagging injuries (mainly turf toe) that prevents us from doing some plyo and weight work but doesn’t limit sprinting. He’s been running very fast in practice lately (as timed by brower timing gates) and we’re looking for a solid first meet…hopefully getting the Olympic Trials qualification mark in the process.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    hscoach on #69179

keep up the good work and we really appreciate the updates.

Participant
    Dave Hegland on #69180

Mike,

I’m curious what kind of splits he’s getting with the speed traps. Any specifics you’re willing to relate? I’ve recently been attempting to record more data with our guys and I’m interested to see where some elites are. I’m very excited to see Dallas open up, he could be quite a story this summer.

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #69181

3 weeks ago: 3.55 for flying 30m w/ 1m run-in (basically a 30m acceleration but taking out the touchpad). Dallas started at 0m, the first gate was at 1m and the second gate was at 31m.

2 weeks ago: 3.77 for 30m acceleration with touchpad and lightbeam

last week: 0.86 flying 10m split (following 30m acceleration)

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    Josh Hurlebaus on #69183

All I can say is WOW!

Participant
    Dave Hegland on #69187

Wow, great stuff. .86 is flying.

Just for reference, to underscore how impressive that is, have a look at some of these split data:

https://myweb.lmu.edu/jmureika/track/splits/splits.html#87wc

As you can see, anyone able to hit .86 from 30-40m is in the big leagues!

Participant
    davan on #69298

3 weeks ago: 3.55 for flying 30m w/ 1m run-in (basically a 30m acceleration but taking out the touchpad). Dallas started at 0m, the first gate was at 1m and the second gate was at 31m.

2 weeks ago: 3.77 for 30m acceleration with touchpad and lightbeam

last week: 0.86 flying 10m split (following 30m acceleration)

How is the training being handled now? I know somethings have gone down… details?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.