For all who use it, what difference did it make in your sprint events

60m

100,200m,400m

thats all

thanks
    (I do not use creatine) but was considering it

Participant
    jamesbrrando@gmail.com on #97160

But creatine supplementation resulted in significant improvements, reducing the 100m sprint time from 11.68 to 11.59secs

thats one study i found

Participant
    mortac8 on #97161

none

Participant
    trackspeedboy on #97162

none

Nick Newman
    Participant
    Nick Newman on #97163

none

Participant
    QUIKAZHELL on #97165

Made me feel heavy as shit. Great for powerlifting though. Great “pump”. Taken along with Arginine AKG and Citulline Mallate it works wonders for strength and aesthetics.

Participant
    Maximum-Octane on #97167

Nothing for track but little strength gain in the gym.

Participant
    Craig Pickering on #97169

So Nick, TSB, Mortac – do you not use creatine? Or do you just not think it has an effect on track event?

Nick Newman
    Participant
    Nick Newman on #97171

I do use it! ha 🙂

Participant
    Craig Pickering on #97172

So what makes you say it doesnt work?

Participant
    K Rackley on #97173

I do use it! ha 🙂

lmao huh?

so you’re saying you have had no benefits but you still continue to use it?

Participant
    star61 on #97174

I like creatine and believe in its benefits. One important caveat, I think the benefits are long-term and not something that can be noticed immediately, like caffeine or a pH buffer. I think the main benefit is in work capacity, and while my personal opinion is that it would benefit a 400m sprinter more so than a shorter sprinter, I have no studies or observations to back it up. There are studies that indicate that sprint performance improves over time when using creatine…

https://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/mksg/sms/2001/00000011/00000002/art00005

https://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Abstract/1998/01000/Effects_of_creatine_supplementation_on_body.11.aspx

Participant
    Matt Norquist on #97181

I have used it over the years, but am currently not. My feeling is it makes little difference.

That said – I felt it had a huge impact back in school when I first started using it – but think that was more due to the fact that I’d just started weight training, and was making huge improvements regardless of supplements.

Nick Newman
    Participant
    Nick Newman on #97182

It’s in my protein/ bcaa shake so i can’t really stop using it. I’ve used it for ages. Sometimes i’ve used it in isolation and i’ve just never really felt or noticed anything different and i’m in very good touch with my body. I can usually notice the most tiny change…

Participant
    trackspeedboy on #97184

Only difference I’ve SOMEtimes noticed, is a very tiny edge in the gym. The edge could be coincidental anyway though… such as 1 extra rep when benching.

I’ve used diff. types of creatine mono, purple k, kre alkalyne powder, a mixture of a few types of creatine, and results have been… …. lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.