Core Training – Some interesting Questions

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Carl Valle
    Participant
    Carl Valle on #18930

In contrast, the exercise also appears to result in unique compression and shear load ratios in the lumbar spine that may account for the irritation in some people’s backs, who otherwise tolerate very heavy loads. Shear stability and tolerance to posterior shear loading would be a requirement to obtain the other benefits of kettlebell swing exercise painlessly. -Stu Mcgill on Kettle Bell Snatche

Continue reading…

Participant
    jeffcubos@gmail.com on #120081

Solving the problems requires training, intense training, not corrective exercises. Most corrective approaches are thera-band or balance work doesn’t handle supramaximal loading of actual game or meet performance.

Agree. And I think the problem we run into is when clinicians who don’t spend time seeing/working in settings where supramaximal loading is present start speaking gospel. I myself don’t have all the answers, and in fact may not even have one. But I do my best to search for them by stepping away from the income and onto the track/pitch.

Participant
    JeremyRichmond on #120083

Another great post Carl. You mentioned a Japanese study…can you give more details?
    Also the references for the work regarding the psoas would be handy.
    I’m finding dysfunctional psoas in 80-90% of populations and see a strong relationship with core dysfunction and inevitably performance.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.