Carbs and protiens

Participant
    fluke on #19195

It was said that 20 minutes after the workout or right after the warm down the post workout drink should be consumed. Now if you are weight training after the speed day do you have a recovery drink after the warm down and then after the lifting workout? Or is only one time good enough?

Participant
    QUIKAZHELL on #19196

fluke,
    good question… also how about when taking amino's.. after the sprint session or after the weight session or a little bit after each?

Participant
    winnesota on #19197

I am currently using endurox as a post workout recovery drink.  Ive read that a 4-1 carb to protein ratio is ideal in recovery drinks(it also says this on the tub).  I believe this particular drink has 50g-13g carb-protein.  My question is:  Would it make my reovcery drink less effective if I upset the 4-1 carb to protein ratio by adding more protein?  For example 50g-50g of carb-protein? 

Participant
    winnesota on #19198

anyone know about this??

Participant
    thenextbestthing on #19199

i heard that a 2-1 ratio was optimal and thats what i use. i dont know all the details but it that ratio is perfect for getting muscle glycogen levels back up and has enough protein but not too much to replace the lost amino acids.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.