Bilateral Facilitation – Lena Berntsson

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Carl Valle
    Participant
    Carl Valle on #17999

If one is going to talk about the Bilateral Deficit, shouldn’t one talk about Bilateral Facilitation? Should we reduce or increase the bilateral deficit? A constant counterpoint of two leg exercises is that we run with one leg at a time, instead of responding with a quip that only creates embarrassment, but body is very dual driven with our nervous system. We breath with both lungs at the same ti

Continue reading…

Participant
    Ryan Banta on #112686

Not to add fuel to the fire but in Strength and Power in Sport the studied the Bilateral deficit and only found it to be a factor at low intensity levels? Correct me if I am wrong or my understanding of the data is wrong. But, if it is true that we only see a Bilateral deficit at low intensity levels I guess the next question would be its usefulness durning maximal efforts in speed and power sports.

Regards,

Ryan Banta

"Nature hides her secret because of her essential loftiness, but not by means of ruse." -Albert Einstein

Carl Valle
    Participant
    Carl Valle on #112689

Not enough information for me to make a conclusion that is shut completely, but Bilateral facilitation is a good thing as the deficit is not a sign of a good program.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.