Alan Webb 1:43.84!!!

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #13259

It’s not too often that blog posts on ET discuss endurance oriented topics but this is certainly worthy of an exception. Only one week after his American Record mile, Alan Webb today ran a 1:43.84 in the 800m taking 2 seconds off his PR and showing he’s got the speed and the race fitness to be a TRUE medal contender in the middle distances for the US. Could he be the savior of American tra

Continue reading…

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    winnesota on #67970

I second that! 

p.s. not that it really matters but the guy said 1:43.85 maybe it was unofficial….

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #65879

I think the official time was 1:43.84.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    winnesota on #65880

I hope he can sustain this to Beijing

Participant
    rrheyn on #65881

alan webb again on 800m in a best PR.of 1.43.8 in Hechtel Belgium International meeting 28 july 2007. :dance: :saint: :bouncing:

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #65882

I hope he can sustain this to Beijing

I'm just hoping for Osaka. Do something in Osaka and THEN we can start talking about Beijing.

ELITETRACK Founder

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #65883

Webb apparently injured himself during this 800m run and he recently pulled out of a race. If you watch closely you can actually see where his hamstring looks like it seizes up. Hopefully, it's not too bad that it holds him out of Osaka as he appears to be a strong favorite at this point.

ELITETRACK Founder

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.