Air Force Academy Football Practice

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Vern Gambetta
    Participant
    Vern Gambetta on #15041

Last Wednesday I had the pleasure of attending the Air Force Academy football practice and subsequent strength training session at the invitation of Matt McGettigan, head Football Strength & Conditioning coach. It was an amazing show. If you want to talk about getting a lot done in short period of time, in short efficiency that is what I saw. Not a minute wasted. This scheduled is dictated by the

Continue reading…

Participant
    wisconman on #74438

Remedial active exercises would be things like pushups, pullups, etc.?

Participant
    Rich Tolman(mr-glove) on #74446

Does not a minute wasted mean no rest at all? Having never worked in the collegiate setting, I can’t appreciate the value of time but I’m always a bit surprised when people feel they need to be active every minute.

Participant
    utfootball4 on #74447

Remedial active exercises would be things like pushups, pullups, etc.?

Yes. LSU football does very similar things.

Participant
    burkhalter on #74452

[quote author="Wisconman" date="1227143153"]Remedial active exercises would be things like pushups, pullups, etc.?

Yes. LSU football does very similar things.[/quote]

Perhaps they should do what they did when St. Nick was there.

Roll Tide!

You got a good coach in waiting with Muschamp.

Participant
    utfootball4 on #74453

[quote author="utfootball4" date="1227161104"][quote author="Wisconman" date="1227143153"]Remedial active exercises would be things like pushups, pullups, etc.?

Yes. LSU football does very similar things.[/quote]

Perhaps they should do what they did when St. Nick was there.

Roll Tide!

You got a good coach in waiting with Muschamp.[/quote]

They are during alot of the same stuff they did under Nick, tons of 110’s (26×110’s) and tons of weights. Gotta make the boys bullet proof!

Carl Valle
    Participant
    Carl Valle on #74469

Does not a minute wasted mean no rest at all? Having never worked in the collegiate setting, I can’t appreciate the value of time but I’m always a bit surprised when people feel they need to be active every minute.

How active is active? The active rest can’t compete with the recovery period.

Participant
    utfootball4 on #74470

Heard this guy speak:

inseason program:
    mon: tb weights
    tue: upper
    wed: lower
    thur: mobility/core etc

Participant
    Rich Tolman(mr-glove) on #74507

[quote author="mr glove" date="1227160847"]Does not a minute wasted mean no rest at all? Having never worked in the collegiate setting, I can’t appreciate the value of time but I’m always a bit surprised when people feel they need to be active every minute.

How active is active? The active rest can’t compete with the recovery period.[/quote]

Good question.

When doing the “soon to be seen on a dvd newly discovered trap bar deadlift,” I might stretch my hip flexors or gastrocs or maybe do some anterior tib work but that’s about it. I don’t want to create fatigue while I’m recovering from my set.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.