Adidas Track Classic on TV

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #13070

Just wanted to give a heads-up about ESPN's telecast of the Adidas Track Classic this afternoon. Check your local listings just to be sure but it should be showing from 4-6pm EST today. There's a great lineup so far and every time I've been to the meet it was alway top-notch. Here's the meet headline:Jeremy Wariner, Allyson Felix, Xavier Carter, Allen Johnson, Stacy Dragila, Tyson

Continue reading…

ELITETRACK Founder

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #67990

Spearmon just ran 19.91 wind legal to beat Merritt (19.98), Crawford (20.2x) and X (20.3?). Impressive run out of Merritt….with that speed he could really give JW a run for his money.

ELITETRACK Founder

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #64736

9.79 slightly wind aided 100m for Gay. Pretty impressive for this early. His top-end speed has got to be at least equal to Asafa's or anyone else in sprint history.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    kangeetah on #64737

9.79 easing up a bit at the end.  I think he will be very tough to beat this year by anybody. 

Participant
    coachformerlyknownas on #64738

9.79 easing up a bit at the end.  I think he will be very tough to beat this year by anybody. 

I'm beginning to wonder about this.  Is it simply that his arms aren't moving with the same action as the prior 90 or so meters?  Or is it a notion of less applied force or other at the end of the race?

He did mention that relaxation was a key.  Knowing his exceptional success at 200m, how much of difference would've been if he attempted to completely maintain through the common line?

Participant
    Patrick Pyle on #64739

Maybe 9.77 but not not more than than that. His max velocity tech. has really improved and with a start consistent with todays, he is gonna be in WR territory. Overall, that was an incredible meet!

Participant
    trackhenson on #64740

Does anybody have videos of any of the meet? I missed it and would like to breakdown some of the action.

Participant
    maki on #64741

https://folk.uio.no/perel/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.