41 strides

Posted In: Blog Discussion

Participant
    Chad Williams on #14679

How far could you go in 41 strides? 100m? Doubtful. Tyson Gay recently ran the fastest time ever in the 100m under any conditions. He took 44-45 strides (I could only youtube and it was hard to tell) and covered the 100m distance. If Usain was in that race, under those conditions and was on the same race rhythm . . . could he have run 9.5? I recently counted his strides in the Jamaican Trials and

Continue reading…

Nick Newman
    Participant
    Nick Newman on #70722

would i be allowed to bound those 41 strides? :))

Participant
    Chad Williams on #70723

Haha. Wouldn’t I have to call my blog 41 bounds then?

Although, I would be curious to see how far you could go.

Participant
    Daniel Andrews on #70724

I had Bolt between 41st and 42nd strides i believe he was still close to being planted on the 41st though. I think most sub 11s run less than 50 strides in the 100m so I think it’s possible you could come close to 85m.

Participant
    Daniel Andrews on #70725

That would be an incredible feat. I have seen people bound good for 10-15 bounds but beyond that they are extremely fatigued.

Nick Newman
    Participant
    Nick Newman on #70726

ive done endurance bounding over 60m before…im sure i could go another 40m. Shit, stefan holme does single leg bounds over 50m +!!!. im gonna have a guess at 41 bounds from standing start would be 120m for me…sound about right ?

Participant
    Chad Williams on #70727

That is about a 3m average. Although I think that would be easy to maintain early, those last 10-12 bounds are gonna be hell. You should tape it, youtube it, and I will put up as my next blog.

Crazyhops doing some CRAZY HOPS!!!!

Nick Newman
    Participant
    Nick Newman on #70728

haha…you know what, as soon as my final outdoor meet is done, July 23rd. I will do it for fun and send it in. I was just thinking the same thing about the 3m average, but im “boundy” and as a challenge i think i may be able to do it…lol…so much fun!

Participant
    Chad Williams on #70729

I had Bolt between 41st and 42nd strides i believe he was still close to being planted on the 41st though. I think most sub 11s run less than 50 strides in the 100m so I think it’s possible you could come close to 85m.

I think worst case scenario, I take 50 strides. That would put my stride length at a little over 2m and I am at ~81m.

Participant
    davan on #70731

Wasn’t there a poster here not long ago saying 41 strides as impossible?

Participant
    mortac8 on #70733

Wasn’t there a poster here not long ago saying 41 strides as impossible?

41 strides isn’t hard to do. your run will probably suck but one of my tall teammates in college could run 41 strides at like 90% pace (12.x) fairly easily. i know this because we used to count our steps on all submax runs.

Participant
    Chad Williams on #70736

[quote author="davan" date="1214871098"]Wasn’t there a poster here not long ago saying 41 strides as impossible?

41 strides isn’t hard to do. your run will probably suck but one of my tall teammates in college could run 41 strides at like 90% pace (12.x) fairly easily. i know this because we used to count our steps on all submax runs.[/quote]

Nice, we can put that one in the 41 overstrides category.

Participant
    tcnj28 on #70752

I just looked at a tape(thanks to chad’s brother) of when I ran a 10.78. I took 51 strides. 41 strides is crazy. Wow.

Participant
    Chad Williams on #70782

I know . . . it is pretty sick. So are you gonna playing some ball in the Canadian league?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.