2008 Olympics: No Coverage For You!

Posted In: Blog Discussion

• Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #14796

Sorry CFKA….I know you’re the official ranter of ET but with all due respect, I have to vent. The NBC coverage of the track schedule of the Olympics has been terrible. The swimming coverage was outstanding. It was both live and had great commentary (over-emphasis on Ms. Phelps not withstanding). Same with Gymnastics and beach volleyball. But track has been another story.

Continue reading…

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    sas809 on #71748

Here in northern Europe there is no olympics until track & field begins.It is the most important sport! I’m angry when the 5000m heats are on when the long jump final is
    in the 6th round but I can’t understand the situation you are all in!Unbelievable..

Participant
    mortac8 on #71750

Another reason why Jamaica beats our a**. They’re having parties in the street while we are waiting 12+hours or watching a 2″ internet feed of their tv stations. Can I blame Logan at all for this? 🙂

Here’s one. Do you think they’ll even show the 4×1 finals on NBC since the USA is out?

Participant
    ex400 on #71754

Well, here in Seattle, we see everything live —— on CBC! :coolsmile:

Participant
    coachformerlyknownas on #71757

Well, here in Seattle, we see everything live —— on CBC! :coolsmile:

Best place to see Track right now is in Canada…where I write from this evening. CBC English, French feeds plus at least 3 other channels I have seen.

And that was not a rant, but it would make a great sworn statement.
    Problem is NBC is getting great ratings. Who knew that 2 so-so bikini bodies and a 41 year old in a one piece would rule the airwaves?

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #71766

[quote author="ex400" date="1219478875"]Well, here in Seattle, we see everything live —— on CBC! :coolsmile:

Best place to see Track right now is in Canada…where I write from this evening. CBC English, French feeds plus at least 3 other channels I have seen.[/quote]I guess good track on tv is the consolation prize for living somewhere it’s miserably cold and / or rainy for 6 months of the year.

ELITETRACK Founder

Participant
    mortac8 on #71768

It’s Saturday@2:20am and I just got to see the first round of women LJ shown during women 5k coverage on NBC. Go world.

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #71769

It’s Saturday@2:20am and I just got to see the first round of women LJ shown during women 5k coverage on NBC. Go world.

I was JUST about to write the same thing.

ELITETRACK Founder

Mike Young
    Keymaster
    Mike Young on #71770

I kinda feel like a crack fiend. Even when the stuff (telecast) isn’t readily available, I’m still hunting all over for it even if it isn’t the best stuff quality (i.e YouTube or similar). Then I basically prostitute myself out for a chance to get the good stuff (NBC broadcast) even though I know full well they’re holding it out in front of me without any concern for me.

ELITETRACK Founder

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.