Coaching education is the foundation for becoming a successful coach. I have been very fortunate to have had incredible academic and coaching mentors who have provided me the opportunities to learn and develop. With that said, here are 6 upcoming coaching education opportunities I will be involved in, each one is priced under $150 and provides an excellent opportunity to improve yourself as a coach:
- USATF Level 1 on January 14-16th at Bowie State University.
- USTFCCCA Introduction to Track & Field on January 29th in Clearwater, FL. This is a great opportunity for coaches new to the sport to take a course from the only accredited certification body in our sport.
- USTFCCCA Track & Field Technical Certification on February 5-6th at my training center in Cary, NC (just outside of Raleigh). This is a great opportunity to take a course from the only accredited certification body in our sport. I highly recommend taking this course.
- Triangle Winter Clinic for the Multi Sport Athlete and Coach on February 12-13th at my training center in Cary, NC (just outside of Raleigh).
- Rice Speed Symposium with Vern Gambetta, Peter Weyand, and me on February 19th at Rice University in Houston, TX. I’m really looking forward to this as it’s a great blending of science and coaching experience. Check out the flyer HERE.
- Youth Exercise Science and Current Health Trends by the NYRR on February 24th in New York City. I believe this is an invite-only symposium but the organizers intend to stream the video from it.