This post was inspired Seth Godin’s December 21st post “Who’s on your list?” It got me thinking about who would be on my list of people I would like to meet and have an extended conversation with. The first people on my list are deceased, so obviously there is no chance in this life. So with these people I have tried to read what their writings, what has been written about them and in some cases viewed documentaries about them.
- Richard Feynman- Noble prizewinner in physics for his pioneering work in Quantum physics
- Thomas Merton- Trappist Monk and author
- John Steinbeck – Author
- Brutus Hamilton- Track Coach University of California, Berkeley
- Doc Councilman- Swim Coach Indiana University
Those who are living that I hope to meet with are:
- Ric Charlesworth- Coach of the Australian men’s field hockey team. Former international cricket and field hockey player for Australia. Coached Australian women to two Olympic Gold medals. A medical doctor as well as a member of parliament.
- Seth Godin- Blogger, author and wise man
- E.O. Wilson- Scientist, Harvard University. Made his reputation as an expert on ants. Now a leader in the field of biodiversity.
There are so many more, but these are the ones that come to mind, this would be a good start.