Earlier this month (on June 10th to be exact) ELITETRACK turned seven years old. I started the site with some simple hard-coded HTML in 2002 as an extension of a class project I had begun as part of my Masters degree curriculum. I purchased the domain name and paid for the hosting service with money that my then fiancÃ©e (now wife) gave me to buy a grill as a gift. She still jokes on me about that. The first version had about 20 articles (most of them being papers I had written for school), a forum that was pretty much just a couple friends and I, and a guestbook that no one used. Flash forward seven years and the site is now one of the most popular Track and Field training sites on the web. The current version of the site has more than 230 articles, an active blog, and a forum that features some of the best coaches and athletes from around the world. You can see the evolution of ELITETRACK here.
To kick off our 7th Birthday, here are seven new articles that have just been added to the article database:
- Acute Effect on Power Output of Alternating Agonist and Antagonist Muscle Exercise During Complex Training
- Common Sense Rehabilitation Guidelines
- Periodization: The Effect on Strength of Manipulating Volume and Intensity
- Hormonal Doping and Androgenization of Athletes: A Secret Program of the GDR Government
- Changes in the Step Width, Step Length, and Step Frequency of the World’s Top Sprinters during a 100 meter
- Effects of Strength Training on Running Economy
- An Analysis of the Ratio and Relationship Between Upper Body Pressing and Pulling Strength
Thanks to all contributing members for making this what I envisioned it to be 7 years ago…a great no-BS resource for coaches and athletes.