To kick off 2017, we sat down with legendary Track & Field coach Dan Pfaff. Dan is currently the Head Jumps Coach and Multi-Events coach at Altis in Phoenix, Arizona. He has been the coach of multiple Olympic medalists including gold medalist and world record holder in the 100m, Donovan Bailey. His most recent medalist came in 2012 with long jumper Greg Rutherford. He as also coached at power-house Track and Field programs at LSU, University of Texas, and the University of Florida.
This podcast includes topics on:
- A brief coaching history.
- Ideas on training intensities, volumes, and densities.
- The general to specific training continuum.
- Training strengths and weaknesses.
- Mechanical models of sport and when to deviate.
- When and why to make technical changes and how to decide if investing the time is worth it.
- Plan A, Plan B, and Plan C scenarios.
- and more…