In the latest episode of the Athletic Lab Sport Performance Podcast, Mike Young discusses some of the research on sprinting and dissects the vertical vs. horizontal forces debate.
Other discussion topics in Part 1 include:
- The definition of speed as it relates to the track and field and court sports.
- Characteristics of acceleration and max velocity.
- The debate on horizontal vs. vertical forces in sprinting.
- Debunking some research on horizontal forces in sprinting.
- Posture and how it impacts speed.